The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
fade94

As much as I hate to ask.. gauging interest.

Now THIS kills me. We are closing on our house this afternoon ( ) However, there is no shop only a 2 car garage. We also have a homeowner association that restricts my activities as well as what can be parked on property. No parking anything behind the fence or in FRONT of the house. To the truck.
Some of you may have followed the progress on my ride. To keep is short.
71 LWB. with 69 front clip. I have converted it to a SWB. 350/350. Headers into 40 series flowmasters BRAND f'in new BFG tires all the way around 275x60x15 rear and 245x60x15 front on used by nice alluminum wheels. Dual electric fans. 2.02 Double hump 64 CC heads. Edelbrock Performer Intake and 1405 600 cfm carb. Lunati bracket master II cam (00017). Auto column. PS, Power disk brakes. 5 lug all the way around with leaf springs in the rear. Texas title in my name. Will come with under dash A/C system including the compressor and brackets off of the truck the unit came in. Late model 88+ bench seat with arm rest.
Just want an idea of what I could get for it. I have put a lot of work in the truck and I hate to get rid of it. But, without a place to work on it and paint it, I'm pretty much stuck.
03 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 5 speed 4.10 rear

Last edited by fade94; 08-31-2006 at 03:47 PM.
fade94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Jim_PA

Re: As much as I hate to ask.. gauging interest.

Are you just giving up the auto hobby all together?
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
fade94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
Are you just giving up the auto hobby all together?
No. I already have my son's 85 to keep running and my brothers 67. The 67 will go in the garage and my son lives with his mom. My wife will park in the garage since my Dodge won't fit. (too tall). I will have the Dodge in the driveway and my Chevy won't fit in the drive with the Dodge.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
JRB

Move out in the country and keep the TRUCK!!!!! Just my 2 cents.

JRB
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #5
fade94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB View Post

JRB

We looked for a place in the country. But, around here, the only acreage has double wides on it. Nothing wrong with a double wide, they just won't loan on them around here. My wife already drives more than an hour to work now. Any farther out would be too far.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB View Post
Agreed, I would not buy a house in a area w/ all of those restrictions,
you may love the house now, but you will regret your freedom later
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
meathead95
computer illiterate

is the frame a true swb or is it cut down? we will need pics to give you a good guesstimate
Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
fade94

Frame is cut down, welded and re-enforced with 1/4" plate. I drive the truck all over the place now. Will get pictures this weekend. I'm off until next Wed. so it will be next week before I can get pictures up. Search on my ID and a couple of threads show some pictures.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #9
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Congrats on the house...but that's nuts.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #10
ratrod67

Well, I've been trying to sell my 67 SWB and can't move it for $4000. It seems there isn't much selling right now unless you practically want to give it away.
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
JRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod67 View Post
Well, I've been trying to sell my 67 SWB and can't move it for $4000. It seems there isn't much selling right now unless you practically want to give it away.
Have you tried putting it on www.oldchevytruck.com? I had great luck selling my 63 long fleet 3/4 ton and they paid the price. It may be worth a try. It only costs $50 to post it for a year. Good Luck. If I were in Tx I would probably buy it.
JRB
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:08 PM   #12
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade94 View Post
However, there is no shop only a 2 car garage. We also have a homeowner association that restricts my activities as well as what can be parked on property. No parking anything behind the fence or in FRONT of the house. I'm pretty much stuck.

I assume this is a home arrest ple-bargon, but for what? You must have killed someone to get this kind of treatment! Hey you have to do what you have to do. Congrats on the new place, I know so many people that would love to even own a double wide let alone a house. I got lucky last year and sold my track house for way to much and bought a small place with a shop and parking. But for all the guys out their that think it is better to have a great truck than a house, Think again The Tax Man is Coming for ya!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:13 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

You can have both if you don`t buy where there are stuck-up covenants.Unfortunately,there are more places being built with them than not.Not to continue questioning your situation or decision,but I`m curious.What`s up with your brother having a nice cozy garage for his truck while you sell yours?It must be a real nice truck and you`re a real nice brother.
I`d say your truck would be worth $4,000+,like ratrod67`s.Things may be tightened up,but the trucks are still desired and have their worth.Just don`t expect it to jump off the auction block.Don`t sweat it.If you need to move it to your new home while trying to sell it,so be it.There is a process involved in getting you to move it and you`ll have a little time.Maybe you`ll find neighbors to be "neighborly" and actually understand your temporary situation and regaurd that over a covenant.I would just send a letter around or,if there`s meetings,go to one and explain the dilema,first.Is there somewhere you can let it sit for sale?Good luck,I hope I always have the choice to do what I like and not live for other`s likes.We can all feel lucky for having that choice.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
BigMike

I bought my basket case truck last year. 69 SWB, Fac. A/C, PS, PB. newer crate motor and built tranny w/ B&M shift kit & 2600 stall. Also came with $3k in brand new (not yet installed) CPP Springs, 2 1/2 drop spindles, new 2pc drive line, SS brake lines, HD Adj trac bar, new shocks, booster & master cylinder & new HD 5 lug axles.

The body was in very good condition and I paid $3500 for it. That is after he tried for 6 months to sell it, I was the only one interested. Most people I have noticed, do not want a project unless it runs and drives and only needs very little work. Most people lack the mechanica/bodyworkl skills, the $$$ or the time to get into a project vehicle. This has always worked in my favor because I always had 2 of the 3 things, time and skills (still have not gotten the $$$ part figures out yet but I get by).

Do you have pictures of it's current state, pics always help.

Mike

Last edited by BigMike; 09-01-2006 at 01:48 PM.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Rule #1 in my family is you can buy whereever you want but I will not live with the restrictions of a homeowners association.Had a plumber buddy who did some work in a nieghborhood where he had to get a permit to take his service truck in.The permit was $25.00 but the trip to the courthouse and wait were charged at regular plumbers hourly rate.Minimum charge for a service call over $200.00.The residents in the area couldn't even park their own SUV's outside,they had to be garaged.
If I were you I would just double the drive and keep my truck.Or the Mrs. would park outside if it's against the truck itself.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #16
bozracer
wnc tvman

Agree on the homeowners deal, 1st house I bought was in an association and I vowed I would never buy into 1 again. Also agree on how hard it is to sell a truck right now, my 72 shortbed is in the classifieds for $1500 its had 430+ views and not 1 interested. Seems like I can't give it away.
bozracer is offline   Reply With Quote