The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
Rokcrln

Some free insite! 88-96 bench/ split seats

Just to let every one know who might want a new seat. I just did an install of a 93 60/40 split bench seat out of a 93 1500 into Low Buck my 70 SWB. I did teh swap because I needed just a bit more leg room and heard these seats give you that. So yesterday I did the seat swap and installed the shoulder belts out of the same type of truck. Today I did a pedal mod to get another 2" of room. So now I have enough room to be real comfy while I drive because latly I have not wanted to drive it because my knee would kiil me after 30+ miles.

My wife and I took the truck out today for a test drive and to pick up a Christmas tree and oh my gosh this new seat makes teh truck feel so much better! I was worried that it would be a harsh ride because I have a 4.5" drop in the front and 7 in the rear with a home made flip kit. With my old seat that is in great shape it road a bit rough on these great california roads So with this new seat being alot thinner I was worried that it would get even worse. I am glad to say I could not have been any more wronge. I guess it is the new design in foam and the springs but I just can't get over how nice it now is to drive. Tonight we were leaving for her work party and she asked if we could take the truck instead of hre 07 SS 395hp TrailBlazer. I said sure if you want (I love driving her TB) and 75+ miles later not a single knee pain and I still can't get over what a differance the seat makes in the over all feel of the truck.

Well I just wanted to pass this on because it was a great mod and can be done very easy by drilling 4 holes and bolting it into place with the proper washers and hardware to be safe. Or you can go the all day route that I took. Ether way you will be very happy with this simple change.

Here are the links if anyone wants to see how I did mine.
Pedals. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269717
Seat.http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269662

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Some free insite! 88-96 bench/ split seats

Thanks Kevin! Now I know what my next project will be...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Rokcrln

Hey from time to time lets send this back up to the top so others can get the info. The more I think about it this was one of the best mods I have done yet.

TTT

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Hart_Rod

Suprisingly how the little things make such a big difference. I was just commenting on another thread how replacing the body mounts on the Suburban made it feel like a brand new truck. I noticed a bigger difference from that than I did spending a grand on air bags. Go figure.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 12-12-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Shyguy

I did the same thing in a '72 C-10 about 8 years ago and I found like you that it worked out great.

It reminds me of something I need to do with the '71 C-10 I am now working on.

Danny
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote