The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

just got back from alabama

wow there are so many 67 to 72 chevy and gmc trucks on the road..saw alot of them, and alot of great parts trucks to.. good thign i didnt have moeny to spare or i would have gotton into trouble with my brother when i started dragging home all these ol trucks..lol..hope to get moved down there in the next year or so...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
1972 orange c10

Re: just got back from alabama

theres alot of good trucks in north alabama but most everybody lets them sit there and rust away or wants an arm and a leg for them. Everytime i go to georgia im amazed, I was in covington ga last year and saw a 71 super cheyenne 10 swb with factory buckets being used as a roofing truck.

1972 c10 deluxe highlander 350 tilt, tach, am-fm

1971 cheyenne 10 402, buckets, tilt, tach
1972 orange c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

I'm in north alabama and would like to know where all these trucks you guys talk about are.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
1972 orange c10

Where are you at in Alabama? I know several original paint swb cheyennes in decatur and huntsville. I know where theres a blue swb cheyenne 10 super sitting under a pecan tree in a alley close to my parents house and i have tried buying it for years, the last tag on it was 1986, they keep on saying there gonna fix it one day. I ride around alot, theres also a guy in Somerville that used to buy and sell these trucks and 3 months ago he had 3 or 4 factory big block trucks. Im not saying theres perfect trucks around here but there is still alot of trucks worth saving.

1972 c10 deluxe highlander 350 tilt, tach, am-fm

1971 cheyenne 10 402, buckets, tilt, tach
1972 orange c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 orange c10 View Post
Where are you at in Alabama? I know several original paint swb cheyennes in decatur and huntsville. I know where theres a blue swb cheyenne 10 super sitting under a pecan tree in a alley close to my parents house and i have tried buying it for years, the last tag on it was 1986, they keep on saying there gonna fix it one day. I ride around alot, theres also a guy in Somerville that used to buy and sell these trucks and 3 months ago he had 3 or 4 factory big block trucks. Im not saying theres perfect trucks around here but there is still alot of trucks worth saving.

I'm in the Athens - Decatur - Huntsville area.

Let me know where exactly they are and they wont' be there long.

I know the guy you're talking about in somerville, he has the mini-storage there on 67. I talked to him a few years ago and he had a couple of SWB's totally disassembled and stored in various units. He has some nice stuff, but he knows it and prices it on the high side.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
au03z71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I'm in north alabama and would like to know where all these trucks you guys talk about are.
I live in Dothan, Alabama and would also like to know the answer to this mystery.
au03z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
smoky02

Quote:
Originally Posted by au03z71 View Post
I live in Dothan, Alabama and would also like to know the answer to this mystery.
LOL, i've seen a few good looking ones in Dothan, my parents live in headland so I'm down there quite often, and of course my truck is one of the nice trucks that I am speaking of...LOL

Looking for a 1972 Blazer to hopefully fill the hole in my heart.
smoky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
dznucks

Angry Re: just got back from alabama

i am from huntsville and now in georgia. i have to agree there are alot of them around there/here. they are a popular truck in the south. i bought mine in New Hope AL 12 years ago. its been my DD ever since, actually i have never owned any other vehicle than it.

mine had the original seat covers and in mint condition, they were wrapped in plastic, original paint in perfect condition except the rockers under the doors. my truck was a lucky find, unaltered except the I6 was swapped for a 305. The guy i bought it from, bought it from an old widow and wasn't too serious about selling it. had it in the back of his lot under a lean-to with a old faded "for sale" sign in the window. i had just watched Dazed and Confused at that time and was looking for a truck very similar to the black one in that movie. this one was identical but has a white cab top. i will never get rid of this truck.

atlanta has not been very kind to it over the past 5 years. i have been side swipped on both doors and a tree at the apartment i lived at dropped sap or something on it that ate away at the clearcoat.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #9
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Huntsville
I bought my 63 there 2 years ago and 67-72's were parked at every-other house.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote