The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
atp

Fat Man Fabs Front crossmember??

I have considered purchasing a front "hub to hub" kit from Fat Man Fabricationss and was curious if anyone has used there set up for these trucks? Any problems??
atp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
cooters

Re: Fat Man Fabs Front crossmember??

i believe these kits are based on Mustang 11 which is a little week for 1/2 tons unless you dont hit potholes and stay on nice roads
cooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

If you are looking to lower and get better steering check out "Porterbuilt" before you decide.He is a BB member and has a very nice looking crossmember for these trucks.I think it is designed to use the stock or aftermarket control arms for these trucks so strength should not be an issue.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
57sailplane

hey the world famous 67 drag truck has one in it and he was pulling the front tires real hard i think the new owner has it set up better so it doesn't lift quit as much.. heres a picture.. fat man front end.. oh by the way it drops the weight by 200 hundred pounds. i would not be afraid of using it.. i couldn't afford it so I'm putting together a cheap heidts set up for my drag truck. I'm not saying heidts is cheap i mean i got the parts cheap piece by piece since they are so common..
Attached Images

57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
fatboys69

send a PM to jkaylor68gmc, he has a 47 International Pick up that is on a 60-72 Chevy truck frame and he installed a Fatmans kit in it and it works great and was an easy install ( Truck Builder Magazine did the photo install of the unit ) I personnally saw him install it and he lovess it !!! Fits great, lowered the truck ALOT !!!! and drives great. Send him a message and he will be more than happy to share any info and thoughts with you on the set-up.
fatboys69 is offline   Reply With Quote