The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
67chevyboy

body parts

Hey, yeah i'm new, and new to my truck, i'm only fifteen and i wanna have my truck ready for wh i get my license. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and i'm in the ninth grade. yeah woopdy doo huh? i have a 1967 chevy short-wheel base step-side pick-up truck and it's kinda been sittin up under my barn for a while, well just recently i have started sanding the body of it and found lot of stuff wrong with the fenders an body parts in general. well i was wondering if anyone would know a good place to get, or order items like he hood, right fender, right inner fender, and radiator support? Yeah all that on my truck is busted. i have new rockers for it and i think i know where i can get a Driver side back fender to replace where the tire is. well no need to rush but if anyone has any comments, reply. thanks alot.
67chevyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: body parts

look on the bright side - those areas you just mentioned are most prone to rust down here in the southeast because of the battery box location. you might want to look really close at the battery box to make sure it ain't rusted too.

there are several board vendors who sell the stuff you want. Brothers is having some pretty cheap sales right now - www.brotherstrucks.com - you might check them first, "JC" is one of the guys from Brothers that's also a member here and can help you out.

as for other stuff...welcome to the forum you have an incredible resource at your hands right now for fixing that truck up!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
67chevyboy

hey, thanks alot, i didn't expect to get replies the day after my post but hey!this site's cool in all kinda ways man. uh, i hope that there's something i can help you or anybody else out with. thanks
67chevyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
mbgmike

We can help you out. We are located in Houston but right now we are just down the road in Boutte, La as I post. We make parts runs to La. at times. One of our best employees is only 13 years old. ( just don't tell the Gov.) My son had a 55 chevy sedan at 15 and it was the best thing he did. You should see it now that he's 24
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
John @ BROTHERS

Wecome to the truck world. As Shifty said, we are having a sale right now. It ends May 31. If you give us a call, we can send you our catalog and current sale flier.

Welcome to the board

Last edited by John @ BROTHERS; 05-04-2006 at 10:36 AM.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #6
raggedjim

Welcome to the site, everyone here is pretty helpful. There's almost nothing that you will encounter with your truck that one of us hasn't had to fix in the past.

Good luck, RG

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
'73 Firebird - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=853203
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
72armyswbtruck

Old 05-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

Congrats & welcome to the Board.

Hang in there, get it safely drivable (& stopable) first, and enjoy cruising while you patch it up.

Trucks are cool, whether you're young or old. I'm 58, and this is my "learner."

Have a blast & be safe. Stepsides rule !!!!!
68shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote