The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2003, 02:22 AM   #1
kiley

Amarillo, TX

I'm in the Amarillo area for the rest of the year. Are there any good spots to look for parts around here? I'm trying to find a locker for an eaton/corporate ho52/ho72 axle to go on my 71 c20. Would like some 3.90 gears too.

For my 72 K5 I'm looking for neutral/light tan leather seats from late model Yukon/Tahoe/Denali. I'm looking for front buckets with power and heat as well as third row, both with integrated seat belts.

Also, I need to find a good place to buy carpet for the K5. I've read about places online but I would like to see it before I buy it.
kiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
kiley

ttt
Old 12-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

kiley, I'm originally from Amarillo.I think you will be disappointed in the new parts you wont find there.There should be plenty of trucks in the wrecking yards but I don't know of any vendors.You will have better luck with vendors in OKC or Dallas than there.
To find wrecking yard parts take a drive thru the "Pleasant Valley" area.There used to be a drive in on Georgia street that had a cruise night on the first Sat. of the month.The guys there will know of any local vendors.

There used to be a Van/Pick-up conversion shop on Ross/Osage a 1/2 mile north of the flea market.You can check and see if it is still there,maybe they will have seats.
Also there was a shop in Dumas that built 4 link rear suspensions for the 67-72 trucks.They did lots of other Hot Rod stuff to so maybe they are still around.
While you're there cruise 6th street and 3rd street to check out car lots.There are sometimes screaming deals on project rides.
Good luck.
PM me if I can give you any other guidance on the area.

PS.You're a wuss if you can't eat the 72 oz staek at the "Big Texan"
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
kiley

Thanks. I am originally from Amarillo as well. I wasn't in to old Chevy's until I moved to Oregon.

I'm familiar with the area so I'll check out those shops.

I am a wuss. I drove by their sign on I-40 today and saw that ad. Made me cringe to think about eating not only the steak and grissel but all the side stuff too, all in one hour.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

That is one "killer" steak. They put you up on the platform, and post "guards" around you to make sure you eat it to their satisfaction.

I was told that Tony Dorsett has eaten at least two of them....at different settins', tho.

Everybody who goes thru Amarillo, should make it a point to stop at "The Big Texan". Food ain't bad, either.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote