The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
c10 custom

reverse lights not working

hi guys i have a 1968 chev truck and i have no reverse lights the nuetral safety switch was replaced there are two wires going to it one has power and one has no power the lights were working before so i was thinking maybe switch out of adjustment
c10 custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: reverse lights not working

The neutral safety switch should have two connectors and four wires. One pair is the purples that the starter solenoid circuit passes through. This is where the adjustment is required to allow the engine to start in Park or Neutral only. The other two dark green are the actual lamp feed. You should have power there key on. Then if the switch is seeing Reverse gear position selected the contacts close and the B/U lamps are on. So verify there is power at the connector and the the lamp side is not shorted to ground or open. If it looks good then a jumper across the terminals for the dark green should light/power the B/U lamps. If the switch is adjusted properly then look at a bad switch.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote