The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
FB85C10

Wiring Questions???

Help, lol!

I have a 1985 chevy c10. my question is that under my dash is a hack job in the wiring that the previous owner left me. i started with the computer and traced the wiring out thru the firewall and it was cut off and that harness was removed out of the truck by someone else, do i need to hook up the computer to run my carburated motor? I guess my general question will be what exactly will i need to run this truck with this motor in it minus the obvious? there is no ac.

Thanks!
FB85C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
NJ C10 Guy

Re: Wiring Questions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB85C10 View Post
Help, lol!

I have a 1985 chevy c10. my question is that under my dash is a hack job in the wiring that the previous owner left me. i started with the computer and traced the wiring out thru the firewall and it was cut off and that harness was removed out of the truck by someone else, do i need to hook up the computer to run my carburated motor? I guess my general question will be what exactly will i need to run this truck with this motor in it minus the obvious? there is no ac.

Thanks!

Start here: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/sm...?topic=11766.0

You're going to need to have certain things hooked up and other things definitely grounded in order to run your truck. It sounds from your post that you have basically no wires connected at all? If so, I would suggest rewiring the truck to factory specs. It might be a chore but if you half-ass it you may end up with more problems that are harder to find/diagnose. You can always buy a Painless wiring harness or go to the junkyard and pull one from a truck there. You can't get away without electrical in the truck at all.

If you can be a little more specific or let us know what you have wired up already that works, it may help a little bit. I'm a big fan of taking pictures because sometimes I do a bad job of explaining what I'm looking for.
NJ C10 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote