The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
Android04

LMC Heavy Duty Power Window - Help

Hello everyone again. Need some help here because I think I'm going crazy. I've searched and watched videos about the install but the other issues people were having are opposite of mine.

I installed the LMC Heavy Duty Power Window Harness kit. Everything went smooth, and installed nicely. But I have a small issue... Driver side dual switch now only controls the driver window and not both windows. Passenger side switch controls the window fine, driver side the same but the dual switch will not activate the passenger window.

I've double and triple checked all wiring and its all correct. What the heck am I missing? Or do I lose that option by running this harness?

This is on my 1985 C30; I appreciate any and all help.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
sick472

Re: LMC Heavy Duty Power Window - Help

I'm not familiar with the harness you are using, but it seems odd that you would lose the option to control both windows from the dual switch. Have you checked the passenger side potion of the driver's switch for continuity? That would be my next step. If there is no continuity at either position of the switch, the switch is bad out of the box.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Android04

Re: LMC Heavy Duty Power Window - Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
I'm not familiar with the harness you are using, but it seems odd that you would lose the option to control both windows from the dual switch. Have you checked the passenger side potion of the driver's switch for continuity? That would be my next step. If there is no continuity at either position of the switch, the switch is bad out of the box.
I did and the switch is not getting anything only on one side of the dual switch. It's odd as hell because it was working perfect before I put in this new harness. I plan to dive back into it tonight.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote