The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
one9six9

More Brake Questions

Okay, I have been reading this forum, but don't have quite all the answers I am looking for.
I have a 69 with manual drum/drum brakes. I have aquired a crossmember and rearend out of 72 so I can do the disc/drum conversion. My questions are as follows:

1. Can I use any booster and master cyclinder from 67-72 as long as I use the correct proportional valve?
2. I will need to replace the front brakelines from the master cylinder to the front calipers and to the front to rear line. Can I use any 67-72 brake lines or do I need to use 71-72 brakelines. Is there a difference?
3. Am I better off just replacing all brakelines, or can I use the brakeline on the rear axle.
4. I read on another post something about the lever being the correct lenght for the brake booster. How do I know what length I need?

I'm sure there are other questions, but I can't think of them now.

Keith
one9six9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Re: More Brake Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by one9six9 View Post
Okay, I have been reading this forum, but don't have quite all the answers I am looking for.
I have a 69 with manual drum/drum brakes. I have aquired a crossmember and rearend out of 72 so I can do the disc/drum conversion. My questions are as follows:

1. Can I use any booster and master cyclinder from 67-72 as long as I use the correct proportional valve?
2. I will need to replace the front brakelines from the master cylinder to the front calipers and to the front to rear line. Can I use any 67-72 brake lines or do I need to use 71-72 brakelines. Is there a difference?
3. Am I better off just replacing all brakelines, or can I use the brakeline on the rear axle.
4. I read on another post something about the lever being the correct lenght for the brake booster. How do I know what length I need?

I'm sure there are other questions, but I can't think of them now.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Here is what I did. I own a 70'gmc LWB. I used a 71 Chevy 1/2 ton master cylinder, booster and por. valve. Works fine with no problems. Check your lines and replace if need be or replace them if you feel better about having new lines. As far as the pedal lever goes I used the one outof my 70.' I hope this helps ....

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 05-23-2007 at 10:43 PM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote