The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
wibilly

gmc year id help

a girlfriend of mine sent me some pics of a friends gmc today. it needs a cam. he was going to replace whole engine with one from another truck he had bought for that purpose.he is now thinking he may never get to it. of course i want it. i 'm looking for help in determining the year. i'v narowed it down to 69-71 by foot operated parking break and door panels not being of a 72. so i guess the grill would be next i'm not familiar with them on the gmc.and at this time don't know if it has disc breaks and have no pics of tailgate.grill has black trim and parking lights and turn signals directly beneith the headlights can any one help id this. it has ps pb ac duel sadel tanksand looks pretty nice in pics thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
HeavyD

Re: gmc year id help

Are the wheels 5 bolt or 6 bolt? Unless they have been swapped, 71 will be 5 bolt and 69-70 will have 6. The grilles IIRC on the 71-72 have a black bar painted on it in the middle. while the 69-70 are all chrome, so your description seems to point to a 1971 GMC.