The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2005, 01:52 AM   #1
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Anyone Bought Body Pannels from The Truck Shop?

As the title says? I am trying to debate spending the extra like $100 to buy from GMC Pauls or from The Truck shop. Im tight on cash and thats the only reason I am even considering not buying from GMC Pauls
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
wyatt-erp

Which Truck Shop are you refering to?
wyatt-erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
71cadc10

If you mean the Truck Shop from Orange Co. Calif. yes I bought a bunch of stuff from them at the Carlisle swap meet here in PA.

Doors, tailgate, misc. stuff. The doors I have test fitted and seem like they'll work ok. I was a little skeptical as to how they might fit being how cheap they are. The tailgate I haven't installed yet so I can't say on it.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Jwill41

I bought an outer rocker from GMCPaul and one from a place on Harry Hines in Dallas. GMCPauls fit perfect but the other one was terrible. It was much thinner and had very sharp edges. It took a lot of tweaking to make fit right. I still only have it screwed in place waiting to get the money so I can order another from GMCPauls. It seems that you really do get what you pay for.

67 1/2 ton GMC short step side
68 1/2 ton Chevy long fleet side
72 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban
99 1/2 ton Chevy Suburban

founder (and only member) of the primer/clearcoat club
Jwill41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:48 PM   #5
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwill41
I bought an outer rocker from GMCPaul and one from a place on Harry Hines in Dallas. GMCPauls fit perfect but the other one was terrible. It was much thinner and had very sharp edges. It took a lot of tweaking to make fit right. I still only have it screwed in place waiting to get the money so I can order another from GMCPauls. It seems that you really do get what you pay for.
Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking... I guess it will be another paycheck before I get the stuff.

Also I was refering to the Orange Ca Truck SHop
Old 07-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
Joe67
67 is sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwill41
How many companies make the outer rocker? I figured it was just one

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:51 PM   #7
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

I bought my whole front clip from the truck shop...both fenders, both inner fenders, radiator support, and cowl hood. I still have some tweeking to do to get the bodoy lines where I want them, but I was amazed at how easily it all bolted together. I am not particularly excited about my grill, but they all seem fragile to me.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #8
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tiresngas
I bought my whole front clip from the truck shop...both fenders, both inner fenders, radiator support, and cowl hood. I still have some tweeking to do to get the bodoy lines where I want them, but I was amazed at how easily it all bolted together. I am not particularly excited about my grill, but they all seem fragile to me.
So they werent as thick as you wanted? how was the wheel wells and radiator support?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:36 AM   #9
super72bb

I have seen this a few times. I just wanted to set the record straight for the "Truck Shop" in Crossville TN. I think there is at least two vendors with the same name. The Truck Shop in California I can't speak for. However, the Truck Shop I deal with is located in Crossville TN. A fellow by the name of Jerry Brown is the owner. He is a fantastic guy! I have bought many parts from them, usually that hard to find NOS parts. They have been flawless with every deal! There is never any problems and they always seem to exceed my expectaions when I order parts from them. Jerry has a guy at the shop by the name of Jason who is incredible. He could tell you down to every nut and bolt on these trucks what is authentic or what is not. I have had a few conversations with him and have to say he is a absolute wiz when it comes to our trucks. I just thought I should mention this because the Truck shop in Crossvile Tn. is Awesome, and I am sure when they sell aftermarket parts that they would be of the highest quality.

Curtis

My build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7120181
super72bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
peteystruck

I have bought alot of parts from the truck shop,i also bought my wheel wells from very happy with everything i have got from them..
peteystruck is offline   Reply With Quote