The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
ECU PIRATE

Donor Parts from an 80' Suburban

Men,

I ran into a buddy of mine from high school who is letting me take all of the parts I need from his 80' Suburban for free!!!!!! I would like to pull the factory front buckets and console and put them in my 82' SWB. How much work and I looking at? I would also like to take the door panels since the have factory speakers in them (an a/c car with power windows) and retro fit them into the donor door panels I have from a 77'.

I am also thinking about taking the woodgrain dash bezel out of this a/c truck and modifying it to work in my 82'. Any major issues with this other than glassing in the a/c vents next to the headlight switch and above the heater controls?

Do any of you guys have a template to make the cut outs on my 77' panels? I remember reading a thread on here sometime back where a member got a template from another for some factory speaker cut outs in the door panel.I am also going to cut the rockers and cab corners out of his 84' GMC dually for my use. This interior is in great shape for a 29 year old truck
14' VW Passat SE TSI (my personal)
14' Ford Edge Sport (Daily Work Vehicle)
73' SWB Stepside - 77K org. miles
74' LWB 454/TH400 - drive train transplant for my (Sold)
98' SWB C1500 W/T - shop truck (Sold)
90' GMC Sierra SLE short step - aka " Jezabelle " (Sold)
ECU PIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote