The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
sam's 72

Praise Dynoo brakes are on, and rear brakes are upgraded!

Well, I finished up the brake job on the 72! I replaced everything. I replaced the brake booster, master cylinder, propotioning valve, all of the brake lines, ( Went with the Stainless steel lines ) new rotors, new clibers, new hoses, wheel bearings. On the rear, I upgraded the brakes from the two inch shoes to the 2 3/4 inch shoes, changed out the backing plates, installed new rear axles bearings and seals, while I had the axles out, new drums, all new springs on the rear shoes, every thing went very well. The truck is still on jack stands, I have ralley wheels and I am in the process of haveing them repainted. I should get them back by the end of the week. Can't wait to see what kind of a difference this all made. I can tell that the brake pedal is up higher then it was after bleeding the brakes.
Now to get ready for my next project, I am going to up grade the windshield wipers and washer on it next.
Sam
Old 03-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #2
Blue Beard

Which wheel bearings did you use........I understand that the roller bearings are available for these now............

Haven't verified this though...........

Post photos please.................guys like to see in work photos....................
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
sam's 72

blue beard,
What's up? I installed the regular bearings, they came with the brake kit that I got from praise dyno brakes. I know what you mean about the pictures, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner, so I really don't have any way to post pictures, I wish I did, cause this came out really nice, I had all new parts, and painted everything. What took me the longest to do was the rear brakes, due to haveing to pull the axles out to change out the backing plates. But even that went well, every thing bolted right up!
Sam