The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
CoryM

Selling crashed 70 C10. GREAT rolling chassis, all mechanical parts good.

Hey guys,
I crashed my 70 C10 Custom. One of my options is a cash settlement and I keep my truck so I can sell it or part it. I have not decided 100% what I am going to do because the ****ing insurance co is trying to screw me.
Anyhow, The truck was my daily driver and drove PERFECTLY. 87,000 miles. Brand new engine. Only 3000miles since total rebuild. I have $4300 in recent receipts (parts only, Im a mechanic). $2200 in the engine. All parts related to the engine are new (rad, hoses, belts etc) Engine has all the origional brackets etc except for 2 heat sheilds are missing. Origional carb, HEI, I have the origional dist/coil. Trans is a TH350 so it has been swapped. Shifts great. Rear end is quiet and shows no wear on the gears. Non posi 3.08 gears. I would like to sell the truck complete. To rebuild it you would need pretty much all body panels and a windshield. This would make a great chassis to swap a good body onto and make a good driver. Or just a parts truck. This truck has pretty much all the little things that normally go missing over the years. Ask about any parts you dont see. I have more pictures and higher res ones. I slid sideways off the road, and the tires bit into the soft gravel shoulder and snapped me onto my roof. I hit roof/tailgate first with no other impact so I would be very suprised if there was any damage other than the body. Located in Vancouver BC (2hrs north of Seattle Wa.)
If you are interested let me know.
Thanks.

Pics
http://www3.telus.net/public/corym/crash/
Engine pic
http://www3.telus.net/public/corym/newengine

Option list

564 white/dark olive paint
BX2 body side moulding wide
D29 R/V mirror JR LH RH
E81 pickup box floor
F60 HD front springs
J70 Brake booster
M49 Turbo Hydramatic (truck has a th350)
PO1 wheel covers
UF2 Cargo lamp
U63 push button radio
V43 rear step bumper
Z49 Mand Can base equip
Z62 Custom
623 sandal wood custom cloth
680 dome lamp switch
D99 two tone paint moulding
F51 F+R shock absorbers
G50 HD rear springs
LS9 350ci V8
N40 power steering
P41 15x5.5 OK wheel
U08 dual horn
UK2 tool and stowage box (no door)
V4? Chrome front bumper
Z53 ammeter/oil gauge

"Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high."
Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, Canadian Army
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

so what are you asking for it?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Time for a new ins company too man.
Why not put it back together? like you said, mechanicly it is all good. Get you a cab and start from there.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #4
CoryM

I am trying to figure out what the truck is worth. I know what Id like for the truck, but I think its too high to be reasonable so I will have to figure out what a fair price is. PM me an offer otherwise give me a few days to look over the market.

I dont want to rebuild the truck because I was getting kind of sick of driving the truck. I need something that corners better (obviously ) and is better on fuel for my daily driver so that I can spend more money on my toys.
Cheers.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
tomatocity

What is salvagable after the accident. BTW you are lucky dude. I have seem worse but this rates fairly high. Someone loves you man. Looks like darn near every body panel is bent beyond repair. Is the frame good? How difficult is it to take a damaged vehicle across the Can/AM border?
Make a list of the parts you want to sell and add prices and pictures. Or put a price on the truck and sell it as is. It is only fair to the members and you. I believe you can make more money selling parts but you will have many parts left over that would need to go to the recycler. Don't get depressed about the truck and accident. Grab the bull by the horns, make a couple bucks, and turn the page to the next chapter.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
chip46wis

Very sorry about your truck,at least you are OK.Just a point to those considering traveling to get the truck or pieces,you now need a passport to get back into the US---as of late June you can get into Canada but cant get back without a passport----$100.00 good for 7 years--hope this helps someone from getting to the border and finding out they cant get back-----NO they dont have short passes or day passes---
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #7
Zumo
Hot Rods For Life

Man I clicked on that first photo and was like "Holy Hell!" Pardon my language. Dood glad you made it. Good thing that these truck are steel monsters.
Los Muertos Custom Bicycles
Zumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:37 PM   #8
CoryM

Well, where I have ended up is $1500usd.
I usually sell wearing parts for 50% of retail cost so $1100 for the engine (oilpan to intake) then $400 for the truck. Taken off $100 for removing the PITA factor if you take the whole truck.

Remember that the engine is brand new, 3000miles on it, professional total rebuild (all machine work etc) and the truck is VERY virgin and all the little pieces that usually go missing are still there and working well. I will have the truck in running/driving condition so that you can see how well the mechanicals are.
Let me know if you have any Qs.

As for getting across the border, for a Canadian to enter the US you just need a birth certificate and liscence until the end of the year. Then you need a passport. Not sure what it takes for you guys.
Cheers.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:51 AM   #9
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

How did the bed come out? Still straight? Floor metal or wood? Rust? Straight floor?
How's the interior? Seat?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:07 AM   #10
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Glad you got out ok,The truck did its job to protect you, man if that was a 73-up or even a 99-up you may not be with us now....Someone was looking out for you
bisquik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #11
smonty

Suggestion

Just a suggestion but the truck would drive much better if the tires were on the ground instead of the hood! Man, I hate ditches, they scare me. Glad you were not seriously hurt. Loss of a very nice truck and a lot of hard work though.
2005 Chevy 1500HD Crewcab
56 Chris Craft Mahogany Runabout
Looking for 36 Chevy 1/2 Ton P/U Project
smonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:56 AM   #12
rugger

How much for the driverside bed panel? I live in Van. I am in the middle of restoring 2 trucks ones mine the other my brother in law. We are just getting started and don't know exactly what will be needed yet.
rugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #13
CoryM

Ok, after a long wait, and making myself a major PITA with insurance I have finally settled.
I do have the truck for sale. I will sell the whole truck for $1500CDN which I think it a fair price considering the engine and everything to do with the engine is brand new or rebuilt and runs perfect.
Engine was broken in correctly, choke works, carb works great. No hesitations or misses.
Engine is the origional engine from the truck, rebuilt by rons engine machine. http://www.enginemachine.com/
Have receipt for $2200 in the engine. Bored .030, line honed, decked, heads decked, etc etc. Block is a 010 block (extra tin) If I remember right it was a 4bolt. Good for a 5500rpm readline (stock). Trans is a TH350, shifts great at low and high rpm Fluid is clean, but I never had the pan off. Needs an input seal.
Rear end is a 3.08 open. No wear at all on the gears. New axle seals and all new rear brakes.
Front brakes are also new but I think they came apart in the crash. I would guess that a spring just came out. I may put it back together.

The truck is drivable, other than the LF brake. Starts right up, no smoke. Has a pull to the left so there is some bent steering peices. I would GUESS the tierods are just bent though because they are a little wimpy on these trucks.

New: Radiator, battery,belts,hoses,brakes,engine. All gauges and heater controls work. Factory push button radio works well. Wipers work, but the arms are toast.
There is basically no sheetmetal intact. The LF fender MAY be usable but I bet its tweaked.

Anyhow, first $1500CDN can take the whole truck away.
Cheers.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:26 PM   #14
CoryM

Also I want to mention that I am a mechanic and all repairs were done right. No redneck stuff and no cut corners. Also the electrical is pretty much unmolested from what I have seen. Both things are pretty important on an old truck.
Cheers.