The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
desertdogg

Wheels and Tires need some help please

Im currently in the market for some wheels and tires but Im a little confused as far as what offsets work on this truck where they are tucked in enough where it wont rub on the fenders I have not done a suspension drop yet but will soon. Here is what I want to get 20" wheels all the way around with 10" wide in the back and 8.5" in the front. The wheels I like are JD wheels riddler series 645 it says these rims have a zero offset, so would these work after a 3.5" drop in the front and a 5" drop in the back ? also what tires would work to fill the gaps I want it to sit level and the wheels to fill the wheel well...I would apreciate any help here I have searched and not finding a whole lot, I know many have done this type of drop and have some sick looking trucks My truck is a 1972 c10 LWB....please help...thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
geezer#99

Re: Wheels and Tires need some help please

Measure yourself. Here's a link to figure it out.
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...t/viewall.html
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
desertdogg

Re: Wheels and Tires need some help please

Thanks for that link geezer#99 Im still kind of confused I have measured and measured but what confuses me is the profile size like that link talks about BFGoodrich 275/40ZR17 g-Force T/A KD tire has a section width of 10.9 inches when mounted on a 9.5-inch-wide wheel makes no sense to me and I dont want to order wheels that wont fit because I didnt know the difference between this tire and that tire...Im looking for real world, been there done that experience. Dont get me wrong thats a good article and I really appreciate your help in posting that I just want to hear from some one who has mounted the size rims and tires already, and can tell me what offset I need. I like a good size lip like these wheels below I just want to know if they will work.Name:  70561ee763a27bd21d9902f0a11ef3d0.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  93.6 KB