The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
milner

Converting a 203 to part-time

Does anyone know of,or have done this conversion? I have a 79 K-10 Silverado w/203 Full-time transfer case. I am thinking about converting it over to part-time. I have heard w/MileMarker kit that you have to occasionally lock it in(not a big deal). I have heard that with a Doug Nash kit that you don't and that it is a better kit. Any suggestions? Anybody know of where one can find a Doug Nash kit,I have heard that they are still avalialble? Thanx in advance.
milner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
hrc200x

I have the Milemarker kit in my '75 203 tcase. I put this in about 3 years ago. Well I didn't know much about trucks then so my friend did most of the work, but he didn't seen to have any problems doing it.

It seems to work fine. I've heard from people that installing the kit will wear out the tcase faster, but I think that is just here say, nothing to back it up.

I've never heard of the Doug Nash kit, have you tried a search for it on the net?
Old 08-31-2003, 01:33 AM   #3
milner

I have searched for it on the net,although not alot. One of the local shops here said that it was still avaliable. I was discussing it with him. He said he installed the Doug Nash kit in his 79,was a better kit. Said that you don't have to lock it in like the MM kit. He also said he wanted $650 to install it(with the kit). I can do the work myself(would rather do it myself-I am kind of anal when it comes to my trucks).
milner is offline   Reply With Quote