The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
rayray767

L.E.D Lights 67-72 trucks/Blazers

Here is what i'm trying to find . Im looking for the (CLEAR LENS) with L.e.d lights for my Blazer . I ordered the l.e.d (tail lights) in clear from LMC truck . I"m looking for the side marker lights in (clear) that are L.E.D .. Like the one's in LMC truck Item # 37-0348 but they dont have it in clear only in amber and red....This sucks ! Im also looking for the (CLEAR LENS) park lights in L.E.d for the bumper.
Can the side marker lens from LMC truck be changed out to clear or is the L.e.d light built into the lens? Anyone have the anser or know where I can buy the L.E.d side marker lights in clear as well as the clear park lights in l.e.d thats in my bumper. ..... It just silly to have L.e.d clear in the rear but not have clear L.E.d anywhere else....
Thanks... Ray
rayray767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
benny70

Re: L.E.D Lights 67-72 trucks/Blazers

Pretty sure dreamers rods and pick ups carries a side marker assembly with clear lens. Same price as lmc
Posted via Mobile Device
benny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
rayray767

Yeah they got the clear lens but they dont have the L.E.D they only have the clear lens .. I'm looking for the clear & L.E.D lights....Thanks benny.

Ray.....
Old 10-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
benny70

Oh you're right. Missed that part. Not sure if the lens is interchangeable but they could probably tell you if you called and asked. They're pretty helpful over there
Posted via Mobile Device
benny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: L.E.D Lights 67-72 trucks/Blazers

I thought I would share this with you.

I had the clear tail light lens on my 71 with RED LEDS behind them. I loved the look but one afternoon I was coming into town and a guy on a Harley was behind me. I put my turn signal on and slowed down to turn right. The guy on the harley didn't see the lights he told the police. He swerved to miss me but he lost controll of the bike and flipped it several times down the street. Lucky for me not so for him. After we got his bike off of him and realized he was OK to move we sat him on my tailgate where he talked to police. It was late afternoon and the sun was behind us so I think that played into it a lot.
I left my turn signal on and showed them my brake lights worked. They told me they had concerns on the clear lens. I told them not to worry they are gone, and have been since that night. Just something to think about on a D/D like mine.
I felt really bad about this guy wrecking because of my tail lights even though I was legal.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
spyderman1977

I believe the clear lenses regardless of light or LED are not DOT approved. I am thinking that in LMC it clearly states offeoad use only. I think you might get away with clear lenses for the parking lights and side marker lights as long as they have the correct amber or red bulb. There again the colored chrome bulbs that are clear when they are off are offroad use only. Check the legality of whatever you end up with before you buy anything just incase its not legal to use on the road in your area. I was thinking about the clear lenses with the chrome bulbs till I found out I couldn't use them here in Texas.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
1 98 Chevy Tahoe 2dr 4x4 ....1 02 Jeep Liberty Limited
In loving memory...Dad: David Nelson (5/24/38-2/14/2007) and Mom: Betty Nelson (3/6/51-1/5/2010)
spyderman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Mayo
Cool Truck

Clear tailights and side markers are not DOT approved because they don't reflect red or amber. I would think they would be legal as long as you put some red reflectors somewhere on the rear and amber and red somewhere on the sides.

Looking for a patina'd 68 50th Anniversary longbed
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
rayray767

WoW ! That is some things I need to think about . Thanks again all of you for your reply posts .
Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
deestrong71

Ray Ray did you ever find those Clear Side Marker lights ? I am searching for the same.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
TacBlade

Marquez has the colored LED lights
TacBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
mrsiege

yes I don't think they are legal I can give them a shot our good ol ohio state patrol are all over stuff like that I can see if I get pulled over hahaha
mrsiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #12
cherokeejohn

I'll add a little info on this too. Since I am a part time tow truck driver/Repo. man (the guy everyone hates!), I deal with the DOT quite often. Our black repo./snatch truck came from the dealer, "used", with all clear lenses and red LEDs. We very quickly learned that they are not DOT approved in Maryland,or in any state on anything larger than 3/4 ton. I asked about regular cars and trucks, I was informed that by DOT regs. they are not legal without any red/amber reflective area but they typically don't bother with non-commercial vehicles. As for passenger cars and trucks, it is a state-to-state law and varies nationwide. They have be used in court as a reason for "cause of accident" and can be penalized, and subject to state inspection certification violations. I personally like the look of them, but have experienced times when they were almost invisible, I have seen the same with standard lenses too. It depended on the sunlight,angle, etc.. like in Andy's example. For a daily driver, I wouldn't recommend them.
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #13
custom10nut

Andy makes a great point. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Just because you see something "really cool" on a trailer queen at a show, or in a magazine, doesn't mean that it's practical, or safe for public roads.
I too ride a MC, and am bothered by mods that alter safety devices on motor vehicles (I.e. Blacked out tail lights/ headlights, multi colored lights visible from the front, tint so dark it cuts 90% of the light out, and stereos so loud that EMS vehicle cannot be heard). Then we could go to the texting while driving, but that's another subject all together.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote