The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
Sonny

Gas Tank Relocation is funded!

The gas tank relocation project is funded by CINCHOME Now which company sells the most complete and easiest to install blazer tank kit? I plan on doing the side marker flip door on muy fleetside. Has anyone done this on the fleetside yet? Pictures???

Sonny

BTW I cheacked out the FAQ on the tank relocate.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I know 71swb4x4 has done the side marker fill thing. just needs a little fine tuning on the pipe. but all in all it looks great
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
longnlow72

i have done it, was just boxing it in today, dont go into it thinkin you will do it in a weekend though, ill take some pics tomarow
72 Chevy lwb, cowl hood, shaved antenna, shaved bedrails, blazer tank, sidemarker fill, 1pc windows, flowmaster 40's, alpine deck, infinity 6x9's, infinity 4"ers, 2 jl audio 10w0's, grant wheel, keyless entry and alarm, more waiting to be done...
longnlow72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
Sonny

Can't wait for pics! Where did you get the parts? I am planning to order the kit from GMC Paul's.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
'70_402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny
The gas tank relocation project is funded by CINCHOME

WHO IS CINCHOME??
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
modifiedGMC

I done the side marker fill door. Here's some pics (ignore the paint or lack there of)

here's the cover over the fill tube inside the bed.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
Sonny

70 402: CINCHOME-Commander IN Chief HOME, aka my wife! LOL

Modified GMC: What bodywork was required besides fabbing a cover in the bed?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
modifiedGMC

Quote:
70 402: CINCHOME-Commander IN Chief HOME, aka my wife! LOL

Modified GMC: What bodywork was required besides fabbing a cover in the bed?
I had to cut part of the inside wall and part of the floor out to get the fill tube in there at an angle. I can get some pics tomorrow but it's raining now. I wanted the cover removable so if I ever needed access to the fill tube or door hinge (good thing too, the hinge pin broke 2 days later!).The hole I cut in the wall also allowed me to be able to weld a mount for the door which is a modified fuel door off a late 70's, early 80's chevy truck. I cut and trimmed it down so it would fit the hole where the light is, the arm portion had to be trimmed as well. I then took a piece of 1/2" square rod the length of the fuel door hinge mount, drilled and tapped holes for the hinge to bolt to and welded it to the inside of the outer wall of the bed. I then bolted the hinge to the square rod and test opened/closed it. I had to tweek it slightly but got it right. I get a kickout of it when I pull in to a gas station and people see me pumping gas into the light hole or when one of the few places left actually pumps the gas for you and they looked confused looking for the cap.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #9
longnlow72

heres mine, i liked the look of the cover going all the way up, i definatly look funny filling up with the end of my truck at the pump hangin out cuz mines a longbed. for some reason i forgot to prime the area around the hole so i need to strip and re-smooth it. feel free to ask any questions

i cant upload pics, i can email them to you if you want
72 Chevy lwb, cowl hood, shaved antenna, shaved bedrails, blazer tank, sidemarker fill, 1pc windows, flowmaster 40's, alpine deck, infinity 6x9's, infinity 4"ers, 2 jl audio 10w0's, grant wheel, keyless entry and alarm, more waiting to be done...
longnlow72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
Sonny

Is it that tight that you have to make a relief cut? I will check mine out close tomorrow before I order my kit from GMC Paul's to see if I need anything else. Luckily I have a couple of salvage yards with 67-72 trucks still around.

Sonny
Old 03-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #11
modifiedGMC

Quote:
Is it that tight that you have to make a relief cut? I will check mine out close tomorrow before I order my kit from GMC Paul's to see if I need anything else. Luckily I have a couple of salvage yards with 67-72 trucks still around.

Sonny
If you put the fill neck straight up in between the bed walls you won't be able to get the pump nozzle in to pump gas plus depending on the tube you use it's a tight fit. Trust me I had to re-do mine to how it is now so I wouldn't get nozzle stuck every time I pumped gas. It's easier to get to the cap this way too. Some people put Perma Caps on so you don't have to remove the cap to pump gas. It has a small flap that just pushes open to insert the nozzle. They cost around $10 or so.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #12
Sonny

Cool, Thanks for the info.

Sonny