The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
TheCybinator

Canadian 1953 Chevy Truck Specifications Question

Hello there. I'm new to the boards, so I assume this is in the right place.
Either way, the story that leads up to my question goes a little something like this: Almost a week ago I went to a somewhat local car museum. They were featuring the "Fabulous Fifties" so that was a big draw for me. After sufficiently drooling over all the examples of restored and unrestored tin, I staggered over to the gift shop to see if anything could pique my interest. Besides overpriced t-shirts and Hot Wheels, I saw a rack of car and truck specification brochures that happened to be on sale. Each brochure/page/poster was a buck apiece, so I flipped through trying to find something vaguely interesting. I was losing hope because 90% of the material was for '80s Chryslers, but I found a 1951 Dodge poster that looked suitably vintage. This inspired me to keep looking and I found seven double sided pages of 1953 Chevrolet truck specifications that were all stamped Oshawa, Ontario.
Each page has a different truck that it gives the specifications for, from that year's sedan delivery to the COE. Everything from wheelbase to curb weight is given out in well-organized charts, but my favourite part is that every specification is given, from the number of cylinders to the lubrication to the universal joints to the options. Each page is printed in mostly black ink with a green Chevrolet symbol and "1953 Chevrolet Truck Specifications" banner, featuring lower on the page a black line drawing of the truck from its side. The sedan delivery one is slightly different because it says "1953 Specifications Chevrolet Sedan Delivery."
Now's my question: Can anyone help me identify these things? I've been looking online and nothing I've found comes even close to these pages. As I said, they're Canadian and I would assume they're vintage based on the wear and discolouration. I'll supply photographs if required or requested.
So, any information will be helpful and thanks to anyone who's bothered to read this far.
~C
TheCybinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
oldman3

Re: Canadian 1953 Chevy Truck Specifications Question

Interesting story, wish I could help, but know nothing about this stuff...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
53 randy

Re: Canadian 1953 Chevy Truck Specifications Question

Have you looked at the GM Heritage Center Archive site? I think you will fined what your looking for. Randy good luck
53 randy is offline   Reply With Quote