The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Chitown_hillbilly

Newb intro and questions

Well I'm here, now what??? First off how'd I get here...

I recently purchased a 1970 C20 LWB 2wd. I needed a new toy and I've been diggin the Rat Rod look and this bomber definitely fit the bill. This is definitely a budget bomber, and there in lies the problem. The owner that did the "Work" on this beast is long gone, and I'm not sure what is what. It's sits on severely cut springs, and as sweet as she looks, she's a kidney crushing mofo. Even with that being said it is possibly the coolest vehicle I've driven with 4 wheels

So first question is, as low as it sits is it possible that she only has cut springs? Or could there be other equipment helping to drop her down? If so how can I tell stock from After market?

Thats the main thing right now, I haven't even really spent any time with her and I'll soon have more questions.. On to the pics...

Last edited by Chitown_hillbilly; 04-16-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Chitown_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
70cst

Re: Newb intro and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown_hillbilly View Post
Well I'm here, now what??? First off how'd I get here...

I recently purchased a 1970 C20 LWB 2wd. I needed a new toy and I've been diggin the Rat Rod look and this bomber definitely fit the bill. This is definitely a budget bomber, and there in lies the problem. The owner that did the "Work" on this beast is long gone, and I'm not sure what is what. It's sits on severely cut springs, and as sweet as she looks, she's a kidney crushing mofo. Even with that being said it is possibly the coolest vehicle I've driven with 4 wheels

So first question is, as low as it sits is it possible that she only has cut springs? Or could there be other equipment helping to drop her down? If so how can I tell stock from After market?

Thats the main thing right now, I haven't even really spent any time with her and I'll soon have more questions.. On to the pics...

1st of all... and from Ohio. If your truck has five lug wheels then they have been switched as 70 trucks were 6 lug. Its also possible that you have drop spindles that would lower your truck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 04-16-2011 at 12:20 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
Chitown_hillbilly

Re: Newb intro and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
1st of all... and from Ohio. If your truck has five lug wheels then they have been switched as 70 trucks were 6 lug. Its also possible that you have drop spindles that would lower your truck.
Thanks for the reply, it's still got the 8 lug 3/4 ton axles so I'm guessing that part is original. The spindles is really what I'm wondering if they're stock. Will it be painfully obvious if they are aftermarket? And the rear trailing arms look stock but there is a second set laying in the bed. Do the Arms have to get shorter if it's dropped this much? And how much lower is she sitting, I know there's really no reference right?
Chitown_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote