The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
i82much

Putting together a Thermac

I have a 72 K10 that has been converted over to a 396 with an open air cleaner, it has stock exhaust manifolds on it. I would like to put together a Thermac setup. Does anyone know if I can use just any old GM four barrel thermac air cleaner? Also, any idea where I can get the heat shield that goes on the exhaust manifold?

Alternatively, if anybody has all the stuff and they want to sell it to me all together that would work too. I appreciate any input anyone has, I have always been your basic hot rod guy. Trying to put together a true daily driver that can handle all conditions, including hunting in cold weather in the Idaho mountains.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
seattle gmc

Re: Putting together a Thermac

Your best bet would be to look at some junk yards in your area. Hopefuly you will be able to find everything you need from one truck, air cleaner, heat shield, snorkle tube, and the spacer that sits between the air cleaner and carb. Hopefully you have some good yards in your area. Are you using the original carb? if not that might complicate things.

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500HD Classic
seattle gmc is offline   Reply With Quote