The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Copperhead Recap This Weekend!

Just in case you want to watch or record it, they are replaying four Copperhead episodes this weekend on Spike TV .

Sat, March 26 @ 1:30 PM
Sun, March 27 @ 1:30 PM
Sun, March 27 @ 3:00 PM
"Cooperhead Recap"

Sun, March 27 @ 3:30 PM
"Cooperhead Payoff"

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/...l?seriesID=152

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Okay, I am having the episodes Tivo'd. I'm having them video edited to put them all together in one long episode with no commercials which anyone can be burn to DVD.

Does anyone have a nice sized chunk of webspace to host this for others to download and burn to DVD?

Also, if someone can answer my question about how many copperhead episodes there are, I'd appreciate it!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
Okay, I am having the episodes Tivo'd. I'm having them video edited to put them all together in one long episode with no commercials which anyone can be burn to DVD.

Does anyone have a nice sized chunk of webspace to host this for others to download and burn to DVD?

Also, if someone can answer my question about how many copperhead episodes there are, I'd appreciate it!

Guys

I have an FTP server that I can host them on and let people download from.
I can also burn them to DVD and would be willing to do so as long as I could get re-imbursed for the DVD media I used and nominal postage,

Chris
Old 03-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
Drogster
Stroke it!

Actually, it says "COOPERhead recap" and "COOPERhead payoff"

Is cOOperhead the cheaper project to coPPerhead?

Nitrous is for those who don't know how to build.
Drogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
RIDDLA

Thanks Riddla
72 Chevy Suburban Blurban
74 Vw Bug
78 Chevy k10 lwb
78 Chevy k10 swb
03 Cadillac Escalade-Duecesix
84 Cadillac Coupe Deville DeElegance

B.O. A Lifestyle Money Cant Buy!
Win,Lose, or Tie
I'm a Raider till i die
RIDDLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:49 AM   #6
67cst
i love summertime

i think that would be awesome if someone did have webspace so we could download it and burn onto dvd...that would be awesome

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
farside847

Hmmm. I might have some bandwidth to play with. How big a file are we talk'n?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
shifty
Questionable

I'm not sure yet farside. It might be as large as 1GB. I won't know for sure.

I'll have more info on sunday or monday.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #9
farside847

Well, let me know. If it is 50 to 250MB it would be fine, 1GB would max out
my monthy bandwidth pretty fast. I think I max out at 5 or 10GB a month.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
shifty
Questionable

That's the dilemma I'm having. I have 1GB of hosting space right now with my current host and I'm hosting several friends' websites, domains and email as well with the same account. Only 10GB transfer per month....

I know a way to pull off getting it online for people to download, but ... I'd prefer to outsource it if possible.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #11
shifty
Questionable

I now have all four episodes.

Each episode is in MPG format and ranges from 585MB to 605MB each.

If someone has approcimately 2GB of hosting space, I can upload them so people can burn them to DVD.

Last edited by shifty; 04-05-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #12
moneyguru

Quote:
I now have all four episodes.

Each episode is in MPG format and ranges from 585MB to 605MB each.

If someone has approcimately 2GB of hosting space, I can upload them so people can burn them to DVD.

I can give you my FTP server address and you can upload it to me.
I can then burn DVD's as long as I get re-imbursed.

Chris
Old 04-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Hmm I have like 200gigs of bandwith but only 500 megs of free space, I can see about getting some mroe space but are these the Cooperhead or Copperhead?
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #14
phlegm
Still Green but learning

Carefull don't forget copyright infringement. (Sorry, someone had to say it)
2010 Acura TL
98 Mastercraft "FrankenStar" 225
27253 UPS/USPS

IIOY....nope never was
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

"Cooperhead" is what was on the show, but it's the copperhead show I'm pretty sure.

I'm pretty sure this is safe, Phlegm - as long as I don't publicly broadcast the shows for money and I don't ask anyone to pay me for them. I could be wrong, but ...

Old 04-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #16
'70_402

Ftp Download Sounds Good To Me
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #17
68haywagon
I'm watching you!

I'd be willing to burn dvds for people if i recover the media and postage too. Got a new 16x dual format dual layer dvd writer im itching to use. If you could get me the files through the ftp server I'll be happy to help. I have all kinds of dvd software to play with.

PS- I have to find the recipt but I think I paid between 65-75 cents for the dvds. If they are only 600mb/show. 600x4 is 2400mb. 1 dvd (~4700mb) will hold them all. So the price would be somewhere around a $1-$1.50 for the media and shipping .

Let me know if you can get me the videos anyway. I've only seen the first 2.

Thanks,
Mike
1968 Chevrolet C-10 longbed fleetside - sold
68haywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #18
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Where do I send the ?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #19
shifty
Questionable

lol

The four shows are ripped to SVCD (MPEG2) format. They can be burned using Nero and can be burned either to a single disc (CD-R), or, if you wanted to join all of the movies into one bundle, you could always burn to one DVD-R I guess.

Most modern DVD players will handle an SVCD video.

moneyguru, if you want to PM me your FTP info, I'll start uploading them tonight. I only have ~ half megabit upload speed, so it's gonna take a better portion of a day to get them uploaded.

Last edited by shifty; 04-06-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #20
moneyguru

Quote:
lol

The four shows are ripped to SVCD (MPEG2) format. They can be burned using Nero and can be burned either to a single disc (CD-R), or, if you wanted to join all of the movies into one bundle, you could always burn to one DVD-R I guess.

Most modern DVD players will handle an SVCD video.

moneyguru, if you want to PM me your FTP info, I'll start uploading them tonight. I only have ~ half megabit upload speed, so it's gonna take a better portion of a day to get them uploaded.
I sent you a PM with the FTP server info, upload away!

To everyone else, I will help distribute these files in the following manner:

1. provide my FTP server address to download the files from, this will only be to 4 individuals at a time, and you have to have broadband no dial up downloads. After I have the files I'll create a thread informing everyone that I have the files and will be making them available. I will send the log-on information to individuals in order of their replies to my post.
FYI The log-on information will be different for each person, and I will only allow 4 people to download at a time from me so don't think you can get the password from somebody else to start early.

2. I will be re-authoring the files so they can be burned to DVD, when I have this done I will post so in another thread. At that time anyone that wants to can send me a SASE along with a minor expense to offset the cost of the DVD media and I will mail them a DVD (or DVDs)

Now are there more than these 4 episodes? I don't know, if anyone does please say so.

Also I want to make it absolutely clear that I will in no way profit from this, just my way of giving back to the boards. If for some reason I do end up with "extra" money it will be donated to Josh to use to keep the boards running.

Chris
Old 04-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #21
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

There's more than 4 episodes right?
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #22
Purs
Got Big Block?

is there a show that has him driving the truck? the last one I saw was him doing the detail work....?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #23
shifty
Questionable

I was given four episodes. But!

It appears the first two are the same

The first two episodes are duplicates on the "how to paint and detail your engine" where they show you how to tape, primer and paint an engine and components to make them look sweet - one for a few bucks ($10-20) and the other for several bucks ($100's). They also cover the Rosch F@rd truck for a couple of minutes, then talk about a kickass battery and then talk about how to keep up on polished steel and aluminum parts.

The 3rd episode is Copperhead payoff. They talk about wiring harnesses (original and painless wiring), he shows the wiring install of a Painless wiring kit on Copperhead, then he talks about A/C installs - Vintage Air (including the Gen2). He shows smoothing the firewall without actually welding anything in then changing the plumbing of your truck, including brakes lines, heater hoses, etc. and he talks about how to work with stainless steel lines. Then goes on to talk about nitrous and performance mufflers. The episode ran long, so Tivo cut the a couple of non-copperhead parts out - the first 2 mins and last minute or two.

The fourth episode is the Copperhead recap that goes over all the work they've done on the truck thus far. It covers suspension (front and rear), the Dana rear end, fuel tank relocation using Early Classic tank, disc brakes. Then they covered drivertrain w/the crate 572 w/Turbo400 tranny and GV Overdrive and pinion angle adjustment. After the first 10-minute recap, they covered the kickass exhaust, new driveshaft, seat install and putting the body back on. Then, the bed reassmbly, inside the cab including one-piece power windws (I wish they showed more) and aligning the doors. Then he talks about other crap that's not related - like how to balance a tire and air bag suspension on Dodge ¾ ton and 1 ton trucks to lift them a foot or more.

None of these episodes show them actually racing the truck against Jay Leno's c'55 Buick w/the 572ci crate motor.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #24
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

I am almost positive that I have four episodes and I am missing the interior and the one where he puts the hood on, if there are such episodes. I will count them again tonight and give a brief description of each one so we can know what is what. .....Jerry
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #25
shifty
Questionable

I wish they would do a dang marathon. If they would, I would dub the whole damn thing!