The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
64fleetside

bed mounted

After a many year break from adding another kid, death of my mom & MIL, getting run over by a semi in my other 64swb, marriage trouble, etc etc I finally got the bed off sawhorses & back on the truck-it's the OE color combo except I used linen white instead of ivory

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...leetside/2011/

its a '64 Custom with garden variety 350/350, 3.42 '71 rear & front disc spndles, fact A/C, PS w/REZ kit, I bought the NOS side moldings 10+ yrs ago a piece at a time. I replaced rockers & cab corners & found NOS front fenders.

Still blocking on the doors/front cap but they are close.
64fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
steverino66

Re: bed mounted

Looks great - I try not to think about how long my project has been going, I just enjoy the time in the garage with the music cranked.
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

beautiful truck...you're doing a great job!
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

That's a nice looking truck

Keep up the progress and post pics when you can.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
64fleetside

Thanks, its been wayyy too long but it seems now I might just get it done. I started in 2003 tearing it down to patch the floor corners & install rockers, it was gonna be red & had a souped up 350. PO had the interior & bed painted red, rest was thick lacquer primer over OE paint. it looked like it wore a camper all of its life, had holes drilled around the stake pockets, so I filled the pockets & I have removed the tailgate chains & used Mar-k stuff. I found it was originally blue/white sooooo...
I found PO had fiberglassed some holes in the cab corners, so I replaced those-1st w/Taiwan, which fit & looked awful, then I used some old school American made ones I found on ePay, which fit & look just like OE.
I'm the third "rebuild" owner-this guy started on it in about 1993, then sold it to a guy who kept it in a barn but really never did anything to it, I got it in 2001. The truck really was in super shape, w/normal rust in rocker/floor/kick triangle, the bed was really nicer than any other I have seen-there's prolly about a couple tablespoons of filler in it. I stripped every inch of the truck inside/out down to bare metal.

Finding the ashtray was the toughest(I had the bracket but no tray), until the old school yard 50miles away got in a 66 custom camper w/fact 327,PS, A/C, PG, PB you name it-i took more stuff off that truck than you can imagine. If you poke around in my photobucket you can find pics of my 64 burban & my deceased 78k mile '64swb I got creamed in and pics of the build-dang it has taken a long time...

Some PO was a heavy smoker, when I was stripping the interior the nicotine was sooo thick it was unreal-it would clog up sandpaper.

Last edited by 64fleetside; 03-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.
64fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote