The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2002, 10:51 AM   #1
silvereagle1770

germilns in my truck

well i came over here with the rest of you guys now i need some help with my truck ive tried every thing i can think of. my lights and turn singals are going nuts the riht side works fine but the left side has lost it ok .when i turn on the left blinker it works but if i turn on the lights it stops blinking when i turn off the lights it starts blinking againe ive traced all the wires and cant find nothing wrong with them checked all the grounds but im not finding what would cause this anybody know any suggestion would help thanks
silvereagle1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #2
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Have you tried something as simple as getting a new signal relay??? they can make a system act really weird. Also...try checking all the turn signal bulbs. if they are dual filiment and one is out...it will make it act weird too.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
mxz600

Had a similiar problem with mine. First, thing I did was check grounds. All grounds checked out okay.

Put new grounds on everything. ie... Core support, cab, even the bed. Just to make sure, no help.

Checked wires at junction where bed wiring harness connects to wires leading up front. Had power in all wires. Knew that was wrong.

What I found was that the driverside rear taillight is grounded to the box, then it's spliced there and then heads over to the passenger side taillight. The splice was bad. Where the wire attached to the bed was grounded, but after the splice it had power. Redid the splice and corrected the problem. When lights act screwed up like that, it's a bad ground.

Hope this helped.

Jay
Old 11-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #4
mxz600

By the way, where are you located in Michigan. I'm south
of Port Huron.

Jay
Old 11-08-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

I had a similar problem. If all the bulbs are the correct size, your turn signal switch under the steering wheel is probably bad. My blinkers were hay wire until I changed the switch. Cost about $35 for a new one. It's just PIA to get the steering wheel off and on.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #6
silvereagle1770

checked all the grounds and light bulbs too cant seem to find out what is causing it yet changed the headlight switch didnt help its just the left side giving me problems gonna look behind the fuse box in a little while see if something there is fried by the way jay im in between flint and lansing a town called owosso thanks for the replies
silvereagle1770 is offline   Reply With Quote