The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

Unhappy Need HELP in AZ

Just drove my '67 burb 4x4 from sacramento ca., to phoenix az., but my driver side axle came out on the back rearend nearly sending the whole tire/wheel/axle into the traffic on the 10 freeway, right when I got to town. I managed to keep from having an accident but really screwed up my rearend. Had it towed to the nearest shop which almost immediately failed to impress me. They pushed it back into their rod iron fence almost bending my spare tire mount, then they used my tire chalks to hold it in place instead of there own, without even asking me, not to mention I caught them rummaging through my parts and tools inside it. They told me the whole rearend is shot and the bearings and races are all welded in place since the axle came out, but I don't trust them. Especially after the mechanic laughed about it and said "welcome to Arizona!" I just want to tow it somewhere else that I don't have to worry about getting screwed. I just moved out to az. and don't know anyone. Is there a reputable shop near phoenix or a member that is qualified to fix my dilemma? Thank you for your time.

Last edited by bad_turbo; 08-14-2009 at 04:15 PM.
bad_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: Need HELP in AZ

That sucks dude! I frikkin hate shops like the one you wrote about, I know how you feel big time.

If the rear is an Eaton it may be easier to just swap the whole axle with another from a salvage yard, get the truck back on the road and get it home again. From there you can repair the rig at home, or get you more time to find a good shop to then drive to.

Just my first thought if I were in your shoes.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Rack Man

Here...this guy is as honest as they come.....

Tell him "Rack Man from the Bass Zone" sent you

Ask for Kurt
The Auto Shop
901 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004
602-254-6164

Last edited by Rack Man; 08-14-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

Cool Re: Need HELP in AZ

Thanks guys for the support. Are there any members nearby that can do this kind of work? The rearend is a dana 60. Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
tecky11

the auto shop is great, and unfortuanly i dont know how to do that kind of work, sorry to hear about the shop man!
i can pull you there if you need a way to get there, if you do send me a pm and we can hook up

Last edited by tecky11; 08-16-2009 at 01:57 AM.
tecky11 is offline   Reply With Quote