The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

It's Sunday night, what did you get done this weekend?

I got my Turbo 400 kickdown all figured out. It's waayyy freaking trick too (billet and stainless). Repainted and detailed a bunch of emblems. Got all of the parts together for a trick aircraft inspired accelerator linkage. I did tons of last minute details for the engine swap.

The big block should go in next weekend.

Found a guy with NOS bigblock exhaust manifolds on Ebay for 25 bucks each. That solved the exhaust issue. Found a pair of new Dynomax Super Turbos in my attic I had forgotten about. They are 2 1/2 inch and just right for the 454.

Had to get all new cab mounts so the TH400 would clear the low hump cab I have. If the mounts sag much at all, the cab hits the tranny. My dealer had to order the mounts, apparently he sold 4 sets last week alone. Must be a theft ring for cab mounts in Texas.

My billet grille should be in from Summit Thursday too.

When this is done, I'll have a 454, auto tranny, power brakes, power steering, tilt column and 72 front clip on the truck all in one big thrash. It's going to be a big change from the 6 cylinder 3 speed on the column and manual steering truck I started with.

WHAT DID YOU GET DONE THIS WEEKEND?
Old 01-18-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
miket

What did you do for the kickdown?

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Well Saturday I started my continuing education class for body repair. Then I ordered some new rockers and a cab corner for the old hoss. Then last night I proceeded to rob all my buddies of there money in 7 hrs of poker!! Today I put my electric cooling fan back on. Just waiting on them rockers and my steel heater switches to come in the mail so I'll have something to do next weekend.
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #4
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

Got my console half painted, unshoveled the Jimmy donor cab and got it into the garage.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
Paul72

I finally got my Blazer hittin' on all 8 again and took it out for a ride - I sure missed it!

Got a long carriage bolt to hold my spare tire on the carrier.

Set the leather bucket (pass side) on the existing brackets - I need to figure out how to mate the two...
Old 01-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #6
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

a/c comp. mounted
new pulleys installed
all new belts
rear tinted slider installed from teeitup
two side jobs
went to a drag race swap meet
new keyed gas cap from shawn

other than that....watched T.V. and ENJOYED MY FAMILY
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:21 PM   #7
skokie

Put in a new internally regulated alternator and adjusted the shifter linkage.

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:24 PM   #8
cdowns

put new headlights in to get rid of the old sandblasted and chipped ones,also changed the directional bulbs, cleaned the winshield with bon-ami and installed new wiperblades also put 2degree shims under the rear axel , checked the rear fluid and brakes on fri afternoon. sat i took a ride over to tampa to pickup a 700R4 tranny for my hotrod project(saved $350) also picked up some harley parts for a friend. then went to tampa bay downs , well remember that $350 i saved ?? damn horses outsmarted me all day long , got a good part of my money but i had a good time and excellent meal on my way home thru a deserted streatch of highway an officer stopped me to say i was goin 79 in a 55 let me off with a seatbelt ticket($68)
sunday afternnon i've been takin and sizing pictures for the coming week things i'm going to put on ebay 30-40 total items,now i'm just waiting for the pizza guy to deliver and i'm mgoing to kickback and watch football
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #9
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Welded up the stock radio area so I can properly cut a DIN radio sized hole. Then, prepped for priming and a buddy of mine laid down epoxy primer on bare metal areas followed by a wet-on-wet heavy coat of primer. Now, its time for a little block work.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #10
Slick71

I didn't get anything done on my truck this weekend...but I bought a new house. That means I probably won't get any more toys for a while....
Slick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #11
dinnut

played football in the mud, went to a party, cleaned rifles today
Old 01-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #12
Orence1

Been thinking about buying a Harwood fibreglass 4" Cowl piece for the hood on my 72. Took some cardboard and mocked one up and taped it to the hood to get an idea what it will look like and to make sure that it won't hit the windshield when I open the hood. Went over to another board members shop with a friend and welded new spring perches and shock mounts on his 4x4 project.
Orence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
SWEET7T
Try spinnin 4 rear tars

well... Yesterday I replaced a master cylinder in my friend's little sister's Ford Tempo. What a pile!!! Had to remove the entire intake system so that I could get to the two brake lines that are mounted to the BOTTOM of the cylinder. Then bleed the lines. And get this, it has four ports on the master cylinder, not just two (one line for the front wheels, one for the rear) it has four individual ports. What a joke bench bleeding that!!!

This AM, I put a new alternator in the chevy. I had a bearing going out in the old one, it scawled something fierce.

Went and bought my gf a gift, only cuz I love her he he he.

AND found a truck that I want to get, but that means I have to get rid of my ... '90 Dodge Cummins <-- Am I
Old 01-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #14
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Mocone what is the hole for in the passenger side door jamb???? What did I do well I went wheeling,claned up the part's pile to get rid of the stuff I will never use... Also washed my 3 truck's and painted a few odd's and end's ...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:11 PM   #15
WB72
Before and After

Repainted my instrument cluster.

Still triing to figure out a wiring problem that I have.

General cleaning up the mess of wires all over the engine bay.
66,000 miles.
Alberta, CANADA
WB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #16
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Well, I got the urge to do some work today.. I took off the old intake manifold and carb, put on a new Edelbrock Performer EPS manifold, and began installing a new Edelbrock carb. I almost finished, but I started getting hungry and didn't want to rush things, so I've got a little more work ahead of me tomorrow. Hopefully next Sunday is the Dynomax ceramic-coated headers and dual exhaust!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #17
Wootdog

Got the 67

computer back from Street and Performance after they programed it. Got the LT1 running for the first time. Adjusted the valves. Fixed the gas gauge. Installed the Cavalier Gt Steering wheel . Replaced the wiring harness in the steering wheel. Installed the driveshaft. cross threaded the power steering pump connection. but the weekend isn't over. Have tomorrow to get the new connector for the power steering pump I screwed up. And get the el camino rear bumper from the salvage yard. It has been a good weekend. With the help of family and friends. Wootdog
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 PM   #18
71swb4x4

FRENCHBLUE72

That is a stock hole. Mine has a plastic vent in it.

Shawn
Old 01-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #19
71swb4x4

I put in a 100 amp internally regulated alternator. Wrapped the wires to clean it up a bit and ditched the old regulator from the radiator support.
I also pulled my rotors so I can take them in and get them turned tomorrow.
I tried to put in a cheap used CD player (hole was cut by PO) but I couldn't get it to work. That will be tomorrow's project, too cold tonight.

Shawn
Old 01-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #20
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

picked up a fender yesterday in PA today was for shovelling and for football and bein here

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #21
69ride
All Go, No Show

put final skim coat on one door. sanded the base coat on the other. disassembled and cleaned my instrument cluster. next weekend if it warms up i'll be taking the donor cab off of the frame and ordering corners and inner rockers and supports for it. Hey dubie what are you doing next weekend?
69ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:00 PM   #22
tomsC10R

I took my heater box off to replace the heater core and also I guess to clean out pine needles, leaves and other rubbish. I also took out the stock gas tank. I was lazy and left the seats in, what a pain in the a$$. Oh yeah, gas tank looks practically brand new, I'll get a picture up in the parts board in a few days.

1968 C10 LWB. 402 BB, Holley MPI, 700R4. 4wheel Hydroboost Disk Brakes.
tomsC10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:01 PM   #23
Slams_58
Account Suspended

Helping you steal my donor cab I'll bet Hey Dustin...did you check out my truck now that it's thawed?
Slams_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #24
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Mocone what is the hole for in the passenger side door jamb????

Frenchblue72. Good eye, you caught me..... I cut a hole in the passenger side like the driver's side to get rid of the dimple in the jamb that had the spring on the inside to hold the lug wrench. I also wanted access to the inside of the cab corners since I am boxing them in for speakers.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #25
s95930
A-Adam A-Adam

I put gas in my truck!