The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
69Custom

Poll : Hybrid Conversion (LS1,GEN III, ect) section

Is there a possibility to get this section and a parts section for this, just because of all the interest and the specialty's needed.

Thanks
Jeremy

Now a 2004 SSR 5.3L with 4L60E
Now Ididit tilt- ps, pb

2002 Saturn L200
2006 Toyota Highlander HYBRID
69Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: Poll : Hybrid Conversion (LS1,GEN III, ect) section

i don't see how a parts section would be helpful, plus you'd need to have everyone subscribe in order to post for sale parts.

a swap/hybrid section would be cool, not sure if we have enough threads to fill it up, but it would be nice.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
69Custom

I know that it is a bummer that you have to be a suscriber to post in for sale section. You can post on the ls1tech parts board without suscribing. Oh well. It would be great to have a ls1 section. I think that there is enough interest.

Now a 2004 SSR 5.3L with 4L60E
Now Ididit tilt- ps, pb

2002 Saturn L200
2006 Toyota Highlander HYBRID
69Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Custom View Post
You can post on the ls1tech parts board without suscribing.
Then I suggest you post there, and good luck, I hope you don't get ripped off. If you get ripped off here (unlikely), a lot of work is going to go towards resolution of the problem, even if it is necessary to bring authorities in.

To boot, LS1tech's forums are slow as crap a lot of the time too, I reckon it's b/c Josh rolls the subscription money back into the site to keep it up as much as possible, as fast as possible.

The subscription cost is $25. If you have enough money for a GenIII swap, you should have the money to pay a yearly subscription. It's not any different from paying for classifieds in almost any other media (newspaper classifieds with pictures cost $$$ each ad, this is a one-time-post-all-you-want-for-a-year.

I dunno, I don't really need to justify the cost. I pay it ever year, and I make that money back every year selling parts from my swap here and there - more than I would posting anywhere else. And I've had zero problems with members here, whereas I have lost money (Several hundred dollars) with a member over at LS1tech.

Take it or leave it.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
HarrolLS1

Best $25 dollars I've ever spent and I will do it again without hesitation. I don't think of my subscribing as to just "post in the for sale section" I think of it as giving back to a website that has saved me a fortune in what would be stupid mistakes(I'm good at that part) or hours of searching through magazines that wouldn't give me the full how to on a project.
I Would like to see a "Sticky" with all that info that Shifty has accumulated on the different swaps on the board... I would put in my vote for a GenIII or swap/hybrid section.

1968 SWB
1968 SWB 4x4
1969 Suburban
1970 LWB
1970 Blazer
2002 Tahoe
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened
HarrolLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote