The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
kansasc10

p30 Radiator Replacement?

My radiator is leaking in my 350 sbc and I was thinking about installing one that I pulled from a late 80s motorhome that had a 454 bbc I was after. It looks to me like the engine cooler fittings are on the pass side and the trans cooler fittings are on the drivers side which is opposite of what I need. Can I use a fitting reducer on the engine cooler side of the rad and hook up my trans cooler lines to that side? Right now my trans cooler on the radiator thats leaking is on the pass side and this rad looks to have the trans cooler on the drivers side. Hoping the engine cooler would be sufficient as a trans cooler but wasnt sure what if any problems I would run into doing it that way.
Forgive my ignorance but I havent done much in the way of radiator customization but am willing and able to do whatever I need to make it work if you guys think its doable.
Name:  20161102_132819-1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  40.8 KB
kansasc10 is offline   Reply With Quote