The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #1
rn2fine

Vibration

Have a 72 4x2 Burb. Has some vibration while driving that is most evident at freeway speeds. A friend of mine in the tire business stated that Suburbans have a tendency to have some vibration issues related to the rear end. Just bought new tires, and had alloy wheels with new tires dynamically balanced. Driveshaft was shortened to accomodate 700R4 and was done by a reputable shop including balancing. I replaced the pinion yoke on the differential. I am afraid that maybe I did not tighten the yoke as tight as it may need to be and wonder if this could be causing the vibrations. Anyone experience vibration in a Burb at certain speeds like this?
rn2fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Talking

I doubt if the yoke is loose enough to cause a problem. If the yoke is loose at all it will make really bad noises when you decelerate. I think that I would check the drive shaft angles, (both ends).

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote