The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2003, 03:15 AM   #1
bill_ont_canada
Nobody is perfect...

Hey! Ontario Canada enthusiasts your Cars & Trucks could be ILLEGAL if Bill241 passes

Province of Ontario’s bill 241 will make it illegal to have any race related items on your street car or Truck... carbs or coils that were not stock, Flowmasters, Hedders,or other mods.
The Ontario Government considers that if you have any of these items on your car, you are going to go street racing.
Because you possess these parts, you are guilty.
Please read the petition at the link below and decide if you want to sign it I did.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/sect1722

If you think the post on General Discussion board titled

" flowmaster mufflers are ruining america"

Is crazy You ain't seen nothin yet.

" Loud Pipes Save Lives "

Last edited by bill_ont_canada; 01-24-2003 at 03:42 AM.
bill_ont_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:03 AM   #2
J-Spec C10
Whats this wire for?....

I signed it too!

'82 C10 Resto-Custom--> * 2 1/4" manifold back dual exhaust with Hooker Aerochambers & High Flow Cats *Taylor Ignition Wires *Centerline 15" Telstars with 32"x10" mudders
J-Spec C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #3
love it loud
Calibration Engineer

i signed..
Old 01-24-2003, 09:57 PM   #4
Silveradoshorty

Signed. We in Canada don't seem to stand up for our rights, and take our freedom for granted a lot more than our American friends. If some of these guys got their way not only would there not be Flowmasters, but we would all be in fugly little electric econo boxes. Pi$$ on that, I like hugging trees and eating granola as much as the next guy, but my hobby is my truck. It's big, black, loud and guzzles gas. I don't drive it every day, I don't street race, and I don't need to be told that I can't have my choice of carb, exhaust, or suspension. Here in Winnipeg, in the summer, every Sunday night after 10.00PM, hundreds of people line the streets in lawnchairs to watch everything from 9 Second street cars to restored Model A's and T's cruise by. Hell, even My Classic Car did a show here because of our automotive diversity. Tinkering with cars is a way of life for a lot of folks in North America. If they want to stop street racing, put the appropriate penaltys in place. In Canada, most deaths attributed to street racing happen in BC. In many case's, it was wealthy foreign university students, driving late model unmodified, but hi performance automobiles. Generally, people that put time in effort into making their ride their pride and joy, aren't willing to risk wrecking it street racing. Sorry for the rant, but I love cruise nights and car shows, and want them to continue so my kids and their kids can enjoy them as well.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:38 AM   #5
bill_ont_canada
Nobody is perfect...

Hey Silveradoshorty
You have nothing to say sorry for, all points you made were right on.

If this Bill241 gets passed the entire old auto hoby will be done, including manufacturers, parts stores, restoration shops, etc, etc, etc, etc. Car and Truck magazines will have no sales in Canada because if this Bill 241 passes in Ontario it won't be long untill it goes right across the country.
Just think of the number of people and businesses that will be effected by this...and the financial cost will be in the Millions of Dollars. let alone the Taxes the government won't collect (maybe they didn't think of that yet)lol

It's a good way to put more people on welfare. and the Government can complain about so much unemployment and how it is a strain on the Budget. and that will give them another brilliant reason to charge us more Taxes. Then guess what us laid back non agressive Canadians will just pay whatever the government asks for.

We should have about 10,000 old car and truck guys drive to Ottawa and park on the front lawn of the Government buildings. have a peacefull demonstration [Very Canadian] LMAO

wow talk about ranting on but, it makes me so damn mad... I must have a touch of The Cabin Fever Eh!

" Loud Pipes Save Lives "
bill_ont_canada is offline   Reply With Quote