The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
andrewt2

Motor mount question.

Ok so i think im dealing with stupid people at my local parts store. i go in today ask them for a set of motor mounts and a trans mount for my 69 stepside they tell me they aint got access to them. so i come home, type up advance online. and i find this...

is this the right motor mount needed for my sbc? if so im going to be extremely ticked at my parts guys because it shows they have one in stock at the local advance.... just lazyness on the part of the counter help not wanting to look it up in the book since his computer didnt go that far back...
Attached Images

andrewt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
john
member #16

Re: Motor mount question.

Looks right for SBC.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
1969k10stepside

When I got "replacement" mounts for mine the original bolts wouldn't work.The new ones were for a different size.I just found some good used ones and put them on.They would work though,but different bolts would have to be used.

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 01-03-2008 at 01:21 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
john
member #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969k10stepside View Post
When I got "replacement" mounts for mine the original bolts wouldn't work.The new ones were for a different size.I just found some good used ones and put them on.They would work though,but different bolts would have to be used.
Good point. I've heard some replacements have had metric threads.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
bob1967

That is the one I used in mine, replaced them about 2 months ago ( sbc 350) The middle bolt was metric on my new one.
bob1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
andrewt2

thanks for the info guys, i went back and picked them up 2nite.... kind of Ticks me off tho when i live 20 minutes from the parts store and it would of taken him 2 seconds to look up in the book what i needed and got them... with gas at 2.99 a gallon. no need for wasted time/trips when there dont have to be.... i make enough runs to the parts store breaking things and buying wrong parts all on my own!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
skokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969k10stepside View Post
I hit this same problem when I pulled my motor. I ran across 8 bad sets and no that is not BS either. I found out that the anchor mounts are made in China, Korea, & India and all were bad. That was a lot of fun

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
bob1967

I found out that the anchor mounts are made in China, Korea, & India and all were bad. That was a lot of fun [/QUOTE]

Is anything made in the USA anymore. All the stuff we got for christmas was made in china. It's pretty SAD
bob1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
70GMCer

they're lazy......

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #10
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Happy to see that you got what you needed. I would have taken the computer info BACK to the store and asked for the Manager/Assistant Manger or team lead. I would have told him/her that I wanted motor mounts for a SBC truck and would like to see if he can come up with the right items, because I really needed them. If he had faultered to the answer that was received earlier, then I would have shown him the computer info and then maybe have suggested that he should go to work for McDonalds, because he was out of his realm.

Since you live in the Topeka area, you live just down the road from Classic Parts of America (Chevy Duty), and I know that they had motor mounts not long ago. If nothing else, LMC is just around the corner. I live South of you about fifty miles and I have no problems getting stuff like that from my NAPA buddies or the guys in KC. I have a new set sitting on my work bench, just like what you were looking for, they came from Chevy Duty.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
andrewt2

[QUOTE=piecesparts;2511450]
I live South of you about fifty miles QUOTE]

Im familiar with the lebo area. i worked as a counter salesman for a salvage yard for almost a year before i started driving parts for the same salvage yard and i would of never shrugged a sale away just because i was to lazy to search for the part. now i run parts and i go to lebo garage every so often good guys up there.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #12
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

[QUOTE=andrewt2;2511740]
Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
I live South of you about fifty miles QUOTE]

Im familiar with the lebo area. i worked as a counter salesman for a salvage yard for almost a year before i started driving parts for the same salvage yard and i would of never shrugged a sale away just because i was to lazy to search for the part. now i run parts and i go to lebo garage every so often good guys up there.
Which salvage yard? I have spent some money in a couple of them up there. (most of it at Lewis's Auto Salvage, i like the fact that I can walk around and SHOP in a nice graveled lot)

I live just across the street from the funeral home---the house with the big garage.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
andrewt2

i work for Autoland Parts, just south of Carbondale on hwy 75. yeah... we cant really let people walk around anymore unattended. to much insurance liability. those one or two idiots that hurt themselves doing stuff they shouldnt do ruin it for everyone but if there is something particular we still let customers go out in the yard with our parts puller to examine it.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewt2 View Post
i work for Autoland Parts, just south of Carbondale on hwy 75. yeah... we cant really let people walk around anymore unattended. to much insurance liability. those one or two idiots that hurt themselves doing stuff they shouldnt do ruin it for everyone but if there is something particular we still let customers go out in the yard with our parts puller to examine it.

That is one yard that I always drive by. I see the signs from 75 highway, but never stopped.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

I used those same style mounts on my LSx swap.

Prothane
PTP-7-509
$79.99
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote