The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
68CHEBY

Trailing Arms

Has anyone ever tried to adapt the nascar trailing arms to a truck. They are supposed to be based on the trailing arms up to '72. Adam at muscle motorsports said they should be the same length etc., are boxed, and come with either mono ball bushings or urethane. The best part is that they stock them and they are only 150.00 a set, smoking deal!! If they will work.
Any input?

Last edited by 68CHEBY; 12-19-2006 at 04:32 PM.
68CHEBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Trailing Arms

What would be the difference. Most of these trucks are already setup with trailing arms, pretty sturdy ones too. You can add polly bushing to them and pretty much have the same thing.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
What would be the difference. Most of these trucks are already setup with trailing arms, pretty sturdy ones too. You can add polly bushing to them and pretty much have the same thing.
I would think the difference is these are only 150 per set (so he claims) Other companies sell them for 500+ per set.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
68CHEBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
I would think the difference is these are only 150 per set (so he claims) Other companies sell them for 500+ per set.
So he claims? Thats the price on their web site www.musclemotorsports.com, several of the hot rod mags have done articles on the place and I have personally been there in Mooresville North Carolina. They buy all the surplus from the NASCAR and BUSCH teams, inventory it and sell it along with new parts. Check out the web site listed above. Yes others sell the trailing arms for more than double the price, but what if you need a set and are looking at repo price or CPP price, which would make more sense? To me a part that will suite a NEXTEL CUP CAR or a repo, or aftermarket piece for more than double the price????? Makes sense to me....how about anybody else?On another note what about the guy that spent Lord nows how many hours and about 60 or 70 bucks to build his own set of box tubing arms? But I guess that offsets the 150.00 price???????????????????????????????? P.S., Spicer driveshafts are only 75.00 up to about 55" with yokes 4" to 3" diameter, but I guess thats not a deal either because other people sell them for 250-350 dollars....or so they say.Amen bother

Last edited by 68CHEBY; 12-19-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
71MUTT
Can't ReMember

$150.00 a set is a heck of a deal. Mine colapsed, right in the middle. Rusted in the centers. Bought a set from the junkyard in 2000. Just looked it up. $100.00 for the set.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #6
68CHEBY

[QUOTE=71MUTT;1950837]$150.00 a set is a heck of a deal. Mine colapsed, right in the middle. Rusted in the centers. Bought a set from the junkyard in 2000. Just looked it up. $100.00 for the set.[/QUOSo you just looked them up on the web and they were only 100.00 a set and I said they were 150.00 and I'm still getting crucified??? I do not understand, I guess if I told these people I had a factory totally rebuilt tach dash for 100.00 I still would be crazy!!! well maybe I am. Wait a minute I forgot that I only have 9 or 10 posts....I guess that I could not know or have anything. I guess by now I probably am peeing some people off. Oh well just my 2 cents! But on a happier note call down there and speak with Adam he can and will help you. It's even a toll free number.( for you non believers look it up and see for yourself)
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #7
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CHEBY View Post
So he claims? Thats the price on their web site www.musclemotorsports.com, several of the hot rod mags have done articles on the place and I have personally been there in Mooresville North Carolina. They buy all the surplus from the NASCAR and BUSCH teams, inventory it and sell it along with new parts. Check out the web site listed above. Yes others sell the trailing arms for more than double the price, but what if you need a set and are looking at repo price or CPP price, which would make more sense? To me a part that will suite a NEXTEL CUP CAR or a repo, or aftermarket piece for more than double the price????? Makes sense to me....how about anybody else?On another note what about the guy that spent Lord nows how many hours and about 60 or 70 bucks to build his own set of box tubing arms? But I guess that offsets the 150.00 price???????????????????????????????? P.S., Spicer driveshafts are only 75.00 up to about 55" with yokes 4" to 3" diameter, but I guess thats not a deal either because other people sell them for 250-350 dollars....or so they say.Amen bother

Dude, take a laxative. I only said "SO HE CLAIMS", because I didn't want to speak for you, I was not speaking from my own knowledge, so I wasn't about to go talking about the product like I've ever seen it or heard of it before, because I haven't......
Old 12-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
Ram-Man

Any pics of them? $100 a set jump on them. Here is a pic of the set I built.
Attached Images

Ram-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

Do you work there? why is your first post a question, then all of a sudden you know so much about em

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
68CHEBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
Do you work there? why is your first post a question, then all of a sudden you know so much about em
No I don't work there I live in Louisville, KY, they are in Mooresville NC,. that would be a heck of a drive to work don't you think? I have built many many steet rod and muscle cars in my life, after all that is what I do for a living, and am always looking for the best deal on the best parts. Anyone that follows NASCAR should now that the truck suspension works so well that NASCAR adopted it along long time ago and have never changed to this day. Rear suspension that is
Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
XXL
Seρor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68CHEBY View Post
I have built many many steet rod and muscle cars in my life...
So, then, as 1LoC10 asks, what's your question? If you love the trailing arms so much, and believe that $150 is a good price, buy them. Love them.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #12
68CHEBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
So, then, as 1LoC10 asks, what's your question? If you love the trailing arms so much, and believe that $150 is a good price, buy them. Love them.
Look dude I seen these on the web sometime ago, my trailing arms are fine, I don't need a set, I meerly was trying to add something of interst to the board for someone that might need a set of killer trailing arms! my question was... has anyone tried them, why do you ( meaning yourself and some other people on this board) feel like you have to put me on a cross for bringing somethin up? maybe I'm over reacting, but I think not.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #13
68CHEBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
Not to be an ass but everyone doesn't know everything. I bought my first 67-72 CHEVY truck more than 22 yrs. ago, I have drag raced them street driven them daily and trailered them to shows and I still learn something everyday about them....kinda brings an old saying to mind... He who thinks he knows everything just stopped learning anything. Again not trying to be an ass but I have seen how most message boards / forums work...the man with upteen posts gets offended when a guy with 5 or 50 posts says something that makes sense. I feel like I must say it again....no offense ment to anyone! sorry if it did.

Last edited by 68CHEBY; 12-19-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #14
mikeoj

Now,back to the question.Any one have personal experience with these arms or the company?Thanks!
mikeoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #15
ghetto_superman

id like some tubular rear suspension to match my front... if someones got real experience with em- lets see the pics!!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #16
roj2323

here's what i've been told and my research seems to back it up so far. the arms are identical in length and the center point of the axle is the same. nascar arms are typicly narower, boxed, setup for a long panhard bar and they are all setup for a ford 9in rear end. the only thing you may have to do is adjust the holes for the u bolts as our stock rear ends have a different size tube. i think it's only 1/4in but i don't know for sure. i have actuly concidered nascar arms but with the unknowns i'm leary to do so. maybe next year i'll look into it more.
ondrew
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #17
krue
Designated A-hole!

Okay, sounds like a flame job on a guy for no good reason. You say he "misunderstood your post" well I read it the same way. Ya'll play nice or keep your opinion to yourself. Looks like a new guy is just trying to turn y'all on to a deal and you jump him. We don't play that game here and I would appreciate everyone keeping it civil.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:06 AM   #18
XXL
Seρor Member

68CHEBY, the "poor, pitiful me" routine is already played out... even after only "9 or 10 posts...." Nobody's "crucified" you but yourself. Nobody's called you a liar. Nobody's said we're not interested in a good deal. Nobody (except you) said low post count means you're a lesser contributor. You just came on the board and when someone pressed you ever so slightly on something you posted, you came unglued.

Krue,

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Looks like a new guy is just trying to turn y'all on to a deal and you jump him.
That's all good and wonderful that you get to "admin" us, but read his second post again. He's going ape over someone's benign comment... and even if not benign, 68cheby's rant isn't really called for. Selected smartassity...

Quote:
Spicer driveshafts are only 75.00 up to about 55" with yokes 4" to 3" diameter, but I guess thats not a deal either because other people sell them for 250-350 dollars....or so they say.Amen bother
The whole post.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #19
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Okay, sounds like a flame job on a guy for no good reason. You say he "misunderstood your post" well I read it the same way. Ya'll play nice or keep your opinion to yourself. Looks like a new guy is just trying to turn y'all on to a deal and you jump him. We don't play that game here and I would appreciate everyone keeping it civil.

This is all the info he provided when I responded; A CLAIM that you can buy trailing arms for 150 per set. I never realized that pointing out that someone made a claim to one thing or another was the same as flaming someone. How someone takes my 1st reply as a "flame job" is beyond me. There is a serious disconnect here.

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried to adapt the nascar trailing arms to a truck. They are supposed to be based on the trailing arms up to '72. Adam at muscle motorsports said they should be the same length etc., are boxed, and come with either mono ball bushings or urethane. The best part is that they stock them and they are only 150.00 a set, smoking deal!! If they will work.
Any input?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Quote:
MY REPLY: I would think the difference is these are only 150 per set (so he claims) Other companies sell them for 500+ per set.
My reply is a flame??? Yeah, right....

Last edited by Jim_PA; 12-20-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #20
bigjimzlll

Thank you 68 cheby...if your still around, that is. I know I would of bailed with the welcome you got. I have bought parts from Muscle motorsports b4. Good company and good deals.

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:16 AM   #21
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

All BS aside. Who's gonna pony up and try these out?

What's the difference between mono-ball bushings and the regular urethane?

-Chris

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:31 AM   #22
krue
Designated A-hole!

xxl you have a pm.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 12-20-2006 at 03:38 AM.
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 AM   #23
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Found this pic at the IROC page. Look familiar?
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
Old 12-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #24
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Also found this at stockcarproducts.com. They also have lowering blocks, pinion angle shims, and u-bolts.

Can anyone verify the 51" measurement? My 'calibrated hand' says mine are more than 19lbs too...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Last edited by gringoloco; 12-20-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #25
JustLiveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Also found this at stockcarproducts.com. They also have lowering blocks, pinion angle shims, and u-bolts.

Can anyone verify the 51" measurement? My 'calibrated hand' says mine are more than 19lbs too...
Good find. Looks like these are $225 each. Still cheaper than early classics set for $499. Looks like their prices on u-bolts and shims are a little cheaper than I have seen other places.

I'm going to get my arms sand blasted and painted this weekend and new bushings put in. Hopefully I don't need new ones!