The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
JGross

Help with Temp Gauge Wiring

I'm replacing the temp gauge in my 65 C10 and I did not pay attentions to the blade connector orentation before I took the old gauge out. Would someone look at the back of their gauge cluster and let me know which of the wires (Dark Green or Pink) is on the drivers side.

Thanks
JGross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

Re: Help with Temp Gauge Wiring

you probably have this already, but the temp gauge should be dark green, pink should be gas gauge

EDIT: disregard, I see what you're saying, pink is the hot feed to several gauges--couldn't check mine as they are aftermarket and rewired

Last edited by fleetsidelarry; 07-18-2011 at 07:49 AM.
fleetsidelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
JGross

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetsidelarry View Post
you probably have this already, but the temp gauge should be dark green, pink should be gas gauge

EDIT: disregard, I see what you're saying, pink is the hot feed to several gauges--couldn't check mine as they are aftermarket and rewired

Yes the pink is the 12V supply I just need to know which gauge terminal get the 12v supply and which one gets the wire from the sending unit.
Thanks for the response.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

I found my old '66 cluster with blade attachments (but no wires of course). the blades on the back of the temp gauge are arranged in a Tee, I thought the plastic connecter was one piece, shaped to fit the Tee.

Then I thought to look at the one in my '61 panel, it has the same Tee and a one piece connecter, The pink wire goes to the cross-bar of the Tee, that is the top of the tee. does that make any sense?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
JGross

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetsidelarry View Post
I found my old '66 cluster with blade attachments (but no wires of course). the blades on the back of the temp gauge are arranged in a Tee, I thought the plastic connecter was one piece, shaped to fit the Tee.

Then I thought to look at the one in my '61 panel, it has the same Tee and a one piece connecter, The pink wire goes to the cross-bar of the Tee, that is the top of the tee. does that make any sense?
I understand what your talking about, when I removed the old Temp gauge I did not note which of the blades was vertical and which was horizontal. So is the blade on the drivers side vertical or horizontal?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

JGross, I'm not understanding why it would make a difference since the top of a T is the "top" whether the T is right side up or lying on it's side, but with my '61, the post closest to the door is vertical. Looking at the back of the cluster with the gas gauge on your right, the connector on the right is vertical.

like this:

(passenger side) ── │ (driver's side)

the vertical post is where the pink wire goes on mine.

it's hard to communicate these things in words sometimes, I should have tried to take a picture