The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Jebb1978

Damb Red Light Runners!!!

Well, while on my way to work today my truck had it's first ever traffic accident. The damage is not bad (you should see the other guy!). I was in the left turn lane waiting for traffic to clear, light turned yellow. I thought this on coming car was going to gas it so I continued to wait. He made an abrupt stop. I looked up was light now red, I made an attempt to clear the intersection. A car came flying by the guy who had stopped and locked up his brakes. This made him slide slightly sideways right into the diverside front of my truck. I thought he was going to be tore up as he hit me with the drivers door of his car. I saw glass and pieces of tuner go flying in every direction. Everything from his driver mear back was flattened. He did manage to limp it into a parking lot when the police arrived. He was ticketed and I was not. The guy that made the abrupt stop at the yellow light stuck around and told the cop that the light was red. The other guy still claims that we are both lying. He was fine just cut up a bit from all the glass. I am still at work now but I will post some pics tomorrow. When I do you guys will all say I am making a fuss over nothing as it is not badly damaged. I am just sad because I just made contact with the family that sold it to me a few days ago. They were so thrilled to see it in better condition than I bought it in. I also found out that the original owner has since passed away . I was just thinking today how lucky I have been to take this low milage bone stocker out of a small town and have it make it this long in Phoenix without incident. I am just sick about the whole thing. We are the #1 city in the US for red light running. This is also the first real accident of my driving career.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Joe67
67 is sold

Re: Damb Red Light Runners!!!

I feel ya.
I lost my '67 to a red light runner too

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Jebb1978

Angry Re: Damb Red Light Runners!!!

Suckers!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I would have had smack the boy. Bad enough he smacked your truck, but then to lie about it.....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
stroked

Oh man! I hope it's as superficial as you say, I just seen a guy blow a light this morning, pretty scary, especially when you're on a bike.
'53 M38A1 Rock Crawler (with Chevy V8 power of course)
stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 AM   #6
Jebb1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
I would have had smack the boy. Bad enough he smacked your truck, but then to lie about it.....
I think he thought he was telling the truth??? He kept saying to me "you know in your heart what really happened". He was very nice until he found out he was getting the ticket. I think he thought that because I was really conserned that he may be seriously injured, I was admitting responsibility. The fact is I am just a caring human being and did not want to see anybody get hurt responsible or not.

Stroked, when you see it you won't belive what actually happened is possible! He was flying and I look like I was hit in a parking lot???
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 AM   #7
hobbz

glad you are okay and your truck faired well. sounds like the guy got what he diserved...

1987 Short Step 350/350
hobbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
Eyegore
What Hump?

Glad to here your OK also, what intersection was it?
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
Jebb1978

Eyegore, I was turning left onto Central from west bound Bethany Home .
Well Fella's here is the damage. Like I said it doesn't look that bad, I am just upset that my accident free truck is no longer accident free.

The headlight on that side wouldn't work last night. When I went to check it out I found it is rattling around. Must have broken the plastic clips for the angle adjustment? I found a crack in the back of the headlight. I may just be crazy but my truck did seem to sound a bit more like an old truck last night on my way home. I could hear lots of rattles and noises going over bumps. It may all be in my head, I am not too sure. Anyway I am sure that even though I said the damage was minimal you guys are still thinking "looks better than I thought". It really is quite amazing to think it has been through what I have explained??? I know that all involved were very lucky. With the things I see everyday at work it is easy for me to see how much worse things could be. I am going over to see Ureckme a good guy and body man from the board. He is going to check it out for me. Thanks for you conserns,
Shawn

Last edited by Jebb1978; 11-03-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Jebb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
Eyegore
What Hump?

As a suggestion I would go to three bodyshops and get quoates from all three for the repairs and turn it into his insurance company. Hey you make walk away witha few extra bucks in your pocket. Go to two expensive shop perhaps courtsey chevrolet on Camelback, Moe Allens on 16 Street & Osborn and then Andy's at 7th Street & Indian Shcool.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #11
Jebb1978

I hadn't thought about the Dealers, Hmm that's a good idea. Thanks

Ureckme said it looks very minor. He already gave me new bumper brakets for free! The shop he works ar quoted just under $1000.00 and they claim they can match the color for me. He also gave me the name of another Body shop on Deer Valley road to check out. I plan to see what's going on over there. Thanks for everything Matt, if you need anything that I can help you out with just ask. I mean it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

OH MY GOSH! That is terrible. I think you should get rid of it right away. Yes, that's it you should sell it....to me

Just tugging your chain buddy. I know it sucks to get your baby dented. I would be sick myself....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #13
ureckme
ureckmefixit2@cox.net

It doesn't matter how many estamates you get, If your truck isn't in a shop to be repaired they will only give you what they feel like. ( The Ins. Run a round ) remember these words ( We Dont Titan Up Here ) Titan Ins. Co.

Matt
Crower Custom Grind .462in .486ex
Dyno Test 422hp @ 5600
And it's got a Holley
3.73 Gears
12 Bolt 3.73 w/Posi
700R4 Going In
I'm a Body Man So There!
That's why it's not painted
ureckme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:14 AM   #14
Jebb1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureckme
It doesn't matter how many estamates you get, If your truck isn't in a shop to be repaired they will only give you what they feel like. ( The Ins. Run a round ) remember these words ( We Dont Titan Up Here ) Titan Ins. Co.

Matt
You know, as sick as this train of thought is, I was thinking tonight that if I got a check from Titan for an amount simular to what your ajuster quoted me I sure could afford to drop this sucker. Not that I want a low POS but I could likely afford a new bumper, head light bezil, 3" drop spindles and a rearend flip kit. Hmmm, that is actually a tough decision. My wife and a friend of mine both waked right past it and didn't see the damage. They both said "it is dented in the front, I didn't see anything". I don't know? What do you guys think is more important?

I sound 16 again
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #15
stroked

I've had two insurance claims and in both cases got less than the amount to fix quoted by a reputable shop, good luck and hopefully no one from Titan are part of the board!
'53 M38A1 Rock Crawler (with Chevy V8 power of course)
stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #16
Jebb1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked
I've had two insurance claims and in both cases got less than the amount to fix quoted by a reputable shop, good luck and hopefully no one from Titan are part of the board!
I am pretty sure they are required to compensate me regardless of what I spend the compensation on. If I am wrong then I think that's how it should be anyways!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #17
BowTieMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebb1978

I sound 16 again

the funniest part is me and my friends joke about thing just like that alot. "Hey if I trip and fall and hurt my leg my truck will get some new rims so.."
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
BowTieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #18
Jebb1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieMan
the funniest part is me and my friends joke about thing just like that alot. "Hey if I trip and fall and hurt my leg my truck will get some new rims so.."
You are 16 aren't you?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #19
ureckme
ureckmefixit2@cox.net

If you can get a $1000 or so take the check. Call them tomarrow and tell them your neck is hurting but you want to fix your truck now. Ask if you can drive over and pick up a check for your truck repairs now or should you get a lawyer, and see what they do.
May be $2000 better yet. Matt
Dyno Test 422hp @ 5600
And it's got a Holley
3.73 Gears
12 Bolt 3.73 w/Posi
700R4 Going In
I'm a Body Man So There!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:45 AM   #20
Jebb1978

Quote:
If you can get a $1000 or so take the check. Call them tomarrow and tell them your neck is hurting but you want to fix your truck now. Ask if you can drive over and pick up a check for your truck repairs now or should you get a lawyer, and see what they do.
May be $2000 better yet. Matt
Nuts!I just can't add to the mess that has become of the insurance world by being dishonest. I actually feel great! I may try to push them to take some action however. My insurance company has nothing to gain or loose as they won't have to pay for anything. I have already had 2 interviews with them and they took pictures of my truck. Titan has not even called me yet. My adjuster told me that they called to set up an appointment with the other guy for pictures and an interview and he refused to help them? Why is it that people always become uncooperative a day or two after the accident? I have always wondered that...
Old 11-05-2005, 05:34 AM   #21
ureckme
ureckmefixit2@cox.net

Because I have all ways been honest, I all ways got screwed. Some times you have to out smart them to get whats right. Titan wll screw you every time, and most there customers are just as tite. For the tickit this guy got he will have to show up to court. He may plead not guilty. For not helping out, you might help him out by showing up to his court/trile ( cant spell ) to help him do the right thing and see the justice is done. Your a victom in this and victoms have rights. Time off from work, taking your truck to the shop, rental car, stress, the years its taken off your life. sleepless nights, etc. You didn't run that light, he did. It's a crime and he should pay for it all. People shouldn't keep getting away with these things and making good people victoms.
He is a lier, a cheet. and a theif.
lier- by not telling the truth and taking blame.
cheet- by try'n to make you think it was your falt
theif- by try'n to keep you from the money that rightfully yours to repair your truck.
Just think if some one was hurt, you, your son, he would do the same thing, and thats a crime. A good person would help to make sure you were taken care of in any way they could. This guy is all ready showing his true colors, he would go out and do it to some one else tomarrow. He needs to be stoped. He has done it before? PM me with his name and B date Ill check his records and let you know what I find. You are the one that shouldn't get screwed. I see this all the time and it pisses me off in a big way. 25 years in this kinda thing, I have stories that would make the stongest man cry. He could even turn it around on you. I dont want you to become a bigger victom in this. I was a victom once, my house got robbed by a bunch of people. Long story--- I went to prison --- get that, dont be a victom
Dyno Test 422hp @ 5600
And it's got a Holley
3.73 Gears
12 Bolt 3.73 w/Posi
700R4 Going In
I'm a Body Man So There!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #22
Jebb1978

Matt,
while I agree that he is an A##H*@&^ and that he is trying to burn me for his mistake and that Insurance companies are scum period! I cannot stoop lower than they are. As you and I were discussing just the other day the Insurance agencies of this country are the reason that a guy like yourself cannot make what you disserve for you level of skill. I believe that this is their direct response to paying out more money than people really deserve. All they can do to make up for the fact that every accident these days results in some sort of back or neck pain is screw the public and body shops. I am not saying that they are having trouble making ends meet, I know that is not the case but they are going to make their money anyway they have too. All I can ask for is what I have coming to me and that is just what it will cost to make my truck how it was before the accident. To me everything I do is an example for my son to see the kind of person I want him to be. Between Insurance and Lawyers the world of auto repair has become a real mess! I appreciate you looking out for me but I cannot add to the problem and I want my son to think of me as a stand up guy who always tried to do the right thing. I need to be the honest guy in a group of liars, thieves and cheats. That is not who I am naturally but who I have always worked to be.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #23
ureckme
ureckmefixit2@cox.net

I all ways come up with idias but in the end I all ways put it in GODs hands. Matt

PS after going thru what I had gone thru I cant stand see'n things may be going the wrong way.
Dyno Test 422hp @ 5600
And it's got a Holley
3.73 Gears
12 Bolt 3.73 w/Posi
700R4 Going In
I'm a Body Man So There!

Last edited by ureckme; 11-05-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #24
Jebb1978

Quote:
I all ways come up with idias but in the end I all ways put it in GODs hands. Matt

PS after going thru what I had gone thru I cant stand see'n things may be going the wrong way.
That is because you are a good man Matt. I really do appreciate all your advise and expertise. I know that the reason this gets under your skin is because you are trying to take care of me (someone you barley know at all) and that shows that you are trying to do the right thing the same as me.

Thanks,
Shawn