The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

one thing after another

oh the joy of old trucks.... a couple days ago i was topping my leaky rad off and the passenger side hinge broke, right where it pivots...the pressed pin came apart, anyways the hood slammed down and hit me in the back of the skull. then today i went to the wreckers and found a hinge for 9 bucks! i was happy about that, then i get home and the rad is just shot, anti freeze all over the driveway, so i pull that out, and it was just so much fun i guess its gradifing fixing your own stuff but didnt really feel like doin anything today, so once it was out i took my moms car to a auto parts store and talked to my buddy, he ordered me a 4 core rad for the truck, and at cost !! 215 bucks....im not sure what they cost regularly but for a 4 core just over a couple hun must be decent...so now im happy anways this is a pointless post but just had to share...did anyone else work on their truck today?

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Hooter
My other Love

I had a hinge break on my 74 chev once, it was a pain in the ass to close it. It would always jut, out on the left side, then bind up and you couldnt open it again, ah the romance of an old pickup. Is your rad completely toast, or is it just leaking around the seam. I am willing to bet it is all punky, soft and full of crap in the fins isnt it?

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:35 PM   #3
67cst
i love summertime

fins arent bad at all, they are firm like i cant stick my thumb through them or anything, below the filler there are hairline cracks in the metal..im not sure the name of that part of the rad but you know what i mean i think. i was going to see if i could stick some crud on it or whatever to stop the leak but i dont care, my dad is going to restore it in the spring so might as well get a new one and save him from doing it

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote