The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Ynotnow817

Got a call today......

.....from my HOA. Seems they have been getting complaints about my 65. He was very sympathetic and even said he likes my truck.

It is parked legally on my curb. He said "they" are saying it is an eye sore.

It must be driving one of my neighbors crazy. Funny thing is, it can be "as is" but in my driveway, no problem. He called me to warn me that he has to take it before the board. I will be putting it my driveway after that happens.

So lesson of the day is.....

NEVER LIVE IN A HOUSE THAT HAS AN HOA!!!!
Ynotnow817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
slepysal

Re: Got a call today......

I went to vist my sister and she was told my truck was " not nighborhood " aproved and asked for it to be put away in the garage! Stupid HOA.

"Over, Around or through it... "

Last edited by slepysal; 02-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
TwoFiftyShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
I went to vist my sister and she was told my truck was " not nighborhood " aproved and asked for to be put away in the garage! Stupid HOA.
And your truck at least has paint on it and is IMO very presentable.... this is insane!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
TheDark1
Intentionally Left Blank

I'm looking for some property right now. I lived in the country growing up and now I live in a neighborhood. There's no HOA here, but I still want some more room and it has to be unrestricted. Good luck, Jeff.
2004 Jeep Wrangler (Sold)
2013 Jeep Wrangler (Sold)
2017 Jeep Wrangler (Blacked Out on 35's)
2011 GMC D-Max Dually Denali 3500HD (Sold)
2015 GMC D-Max Dually Denali 3500HD (Sold)
2018 GMC D-Max Dually Denali 3500HD (Sold)
2020 D-Max Dually Denali on 33x12.50's
1979 GMC Short Bed Step-Side 4x4 350/350 Low Miles
TheDark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Mike Bradbury

If I would have a hard time moving into a nieghborhood with an HOA, I like to keep my yard neat and well groomed but I do not need someone else deciding what "looks acceptable" for the nieghborhood. I have had friends who have gotten a call because their garage door was open for more than 30 minutes!
Sorry you have to deal with that.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
steverino66

what a PITA… could be worse: there are neighborhoods in OKC where ANY homeowner's pickup, including a 6-figure Hummer, is not allowed to be visible from the street
steverino66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
oem4me

I could not handle a neighborhood that restricts residents from things like leaving the garage open for a bit, or having the hood up in the driveway, etc., but I wish there was some way to convince one of my neighbors that the rest of us really don't appreciate him parking his extensive collection of rotting s--t-boxes all over and in front of our houses. I admittedly have too many cars myself, but I work hard to keep up appearances and rent storage for the surplus. It's just part of living in the city, I guess.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
k1rodeoboater

my response would have been to have "they" come and tell me themselves instead of being a ***** and whining to the HOA. It amazes me how non-confrontational people are.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
iiizman

I know what the hoa is supposed to do and i understand, I follow the rules that I agreed to when I moved in the neighborhood and like most of you, i live in a nice neighborhood=so I understand property values and that stuff. I keep my yard manicured and my house nice, but my hoa has turned into the neighborhood nazi's. I push my truck out of the garage when I work on it and push it back by the end of the day. They wrote me a letter, because one of my kids left a coke can outside when he was riding his skateboard. It was picked up at the end of the day-but apparently it was not quick enough, I am waiting for a letter about my truck. one of them really had a fit when they saw my engine hoist, but i put up by the end of the day-nothing they can do.

Last edited by iiizman; 12-20-2010 at 09:03 PM.
iiizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
StevieC

looks better than mine, but then mine's parked under the tree next to the haystack
StevieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
62ShortStep

The HOA's always have a bunch of Nazi's enforcing the Communist ideal of a homogeneous 'sameness' everywhere. Ironically, the Nazis and Communists hated each other and worked hard to kill the other. Maybe history will repeat again. Can you tell I dislike HOA's?
62ShortStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
RollinKaos

My new place is a little on the country side. I have 2 projects on the side of the garage but I also have 2 acres of land. I actually have less cars than any of my neighbors lol. My last place the neighbor came over to complain about my air compressor running at 830 in the morning. Funny thing was he was MOWING his front yard at 700 the same morning. Like my compressor is any more noise than his mower, edger and leaf blower. LOL
CPP 3/5 drop with front sway bar.
RollinKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
iiizman

I can't wait til I move back out a bit, the city has come to me and now past me by at least 10 miles. Next house I buy is at least on 5 acres and big shop.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #14
andyh1956

i hate neighbors! so much so i bought them out & sold their houses & had them moved off! take that! now i can stand on the front porch in my drawers & shoot my machine gun & ain't nobody around to say squat! funny thing about my daughter, she couldn't wait to get all grown up & move to town away from the "sticks", now she has a hoa & she gets "nastygrams" in the mailbox, last one was for grand boy's basketball goal setting out by the street.
ynotnow, i would find out which one of your neighbors has fallen in luv with your truck, then remove the muffler & piont the pipe at his house so he is sure to hear it at 0530 every morning when you warm it up. and be sure to paint every panel on it a different color, and a atf injector into the exhaust manifold would be nice. be sure none of the wheels match.
my son had a ford ranger & his hoa said pickups could not set out at night. they warned him repeatedly & said the next time he left it out it would be towed. he went straight away & traded for a same color bronco 2. then he parked it nose toward the street next to the garage. sure nuff, the next afternoon it was gone. he waited to the next hoa meeting & when it was his turn he asked where his bronco was. they said it was towed, we told you you couldn't leave that truck out. he told them that was a different vehicle, an suv not a truck! snap! in the time that had passed the bronco was broken into on the impound lot & radio removed & the tire & wheels changed. he told me it cost the hoa over $3k to get his bronco back & like it was before they messed with it. couple days after he got it back he sold it, he only bought it to mess with the hoa. he warned them not to mess with him anymore, that he was a lot smarter than the whole collective bunch of them! that's my boy!
andy

Last edited by andyh1956; 12-21-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: can't speal
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
Ynotnow817

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
ynotnow, i would find out which one of your neighbors has fallen in luv with your truck, then remove the muffler & piont the pipe at his house so he is sure to hear it at 0530 every morning when you warm it up.
That is exactly what my new plan is.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
rustyescott

who owns the street the city of arlington tx or the hoa. public street legaly parked tell'em to kiss backside
rustyescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
Ynotnow817

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyescott View Post
who owns the street the city of arlington tx or the hoa. public street legaly parked tell'em to kiss backside
About 1.5 years after we moved in, they gated the neighborhood. That made them private streets. But I am not breaking any rules so that is why they are going to the "eye sore" attack.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #18
Rogue
Airport Bum

I got the same schitt, I just make sure mine run and are legal.

Then I got on the Board of Directors.
1959 Edsel Villager
1963 Skylark
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #19
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Just be sure to coil your garden hose clockwise when you hang it as per HOA regulations !!!
I lived in town when I was growing up, Never again. I love to hear the coyotes howl at dusk, but I cannot stand the neighborhood dogs that bark all night!
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #20
andyh1956

my bud tommy came by the shop right after dark today. he was hunting on the creek about 1/8th mile away as the crow flies. he said he could hear my stereo from his tree stand. i had arrow smith cranked up tonight. he shoulda been huntin in the front yard, there were two deer out under the pin oak. they didn't stay long, they are partial to Lynyrd Skynyrd.
andy
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
rightpedal

"i hate neighbors! so much so i bought them out & sold their houses & had them moved off! take that! now i can stand on the front porch in my drawers & shoot my machine gun & ain't nobody around to say squat!"

Who the hell is going to say anything to a guy in his undies waiving around a machine gun!
LOL you made my day

Steve

69 blazer that is neglected and slowly sinking into my back yard.

62 Newport driver and all around fun car.

67 lemans / GTO ripoff

Last edited by rightpedal; 12-21-2010 at 08:27 AM.
rightpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #22
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynotnow817 View Post
.....from my HOA. Seems they have been getting complaints about my 65. He was very sympathetic and even said he likes my truck.

It is parked legally on my curb. He said "they" are saying it is an eye sore.

It must be driving one of my neighbors crazy. Funny thing is, it can be "as is" but in my driveway, no problem. He called me to warn me that he has to take it before the board. I will be putting it my driveway after that happens.

So lesson of the day is.....

NEVER LIVE IN A HOUSE THAT HAS AN HOA!!!!
Agreed.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #23
knuckledragger

Not an hoa issue but,I was driving a 54 f100 in patina and was parking in front of my house every night.One day the police came by and said that I was parking it against traffic and I would get a ticket if I continued doing it.I asked if the visit was due to a neighbor complaning.They said we can't tell you which one ,but they could point at the house.I asked if it was legal to park anywhere on the street.They said yes as long as it was with traffic flow.I asked if the neighbor could do anything about me parking the f100 in front of his house.They said no.I left it parked in front of his house for a solid month.Never had any issue with him again.
knuckledragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
timjt

Thats great knuckledragger lol

Our apartments are really bad, the put a sticker on my car because I had a pan under it and they said it wasn't driveable (How the F*** do they know? it was running great!) So I figure next time I will just let my gas leak onto there pavement since they don't like pans!!! They also stickered my truck but I got to admit, it was there for a week not moved leaking transmission fluid and could barely run. Oh, and there stickers (you are illegally parked and will be towed in 24 hours if you don't move) are super sticky and they put em right the center of the drivers front window so when I drove it I had a realy hard time seeing out the windshield (the raining like cats n dogs, and the wipers smearing the glue around that I couldn't wash off didn't help)

1983 short n wide custom deluxe SOLD

1985 silverado longbed 305 engine 700r4

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!!

"Just because you can do it, doesn't mean that you should"

Last edited by timjt; 12-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.
timjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
faribran

we bought 36 acres and moved to the middle of it..... no neighbors.. i love it...
i can trot around in my titee-whitezz if i want.