The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
mburgert

FlowTech headers and AC

Alright i finally found out what type of headers are on my truck. They are Flowtech 11500 FLT i attached a pic of what i have and what the ones i think they are. I know that i need a rear bracket like the one pictured "really tiny pic on top left of first big pic" will work for me. Flowtech has one but it says only for 80-84 with short compressor or something on those lines. Hooker, hedmann, and others make these brackets and i think they would work, let me know if im wrong. I also attached a pic of the a/c brackets i have i think i might need one more but not sure, so if you guys know let me knowi think i might need the top bracket "compressor adjuster" listed in LMC as #10 on the 350 a/c bracket picture. Yea im sure someone will catch that im missing a header bolt on the passenger side pic, i checked and luckily one wasnt broken off in there, just makes me think what was the person thinking that installed them before i bought the truck. Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by mburgert; 04-23-2006 at 09:32 PM.
mburgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
mburgert

Re: FlowTech headers and AC

bump, someones gotta be able to help me here
Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
edmonton72
Nothings as cool as my 72

I have the same headers, but i havent bolted them up yet or have a/c, but i have a question for you though. How did they become all rusty like that. I dont want mined doing that is there anyway of preventing that?
Rolling chassis finally done and cab mounted. Now onto sanding, bondo and more sanding.
edmonton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
clif1968

I was able to modify my stock bracket to work with Hedman headers. I used one of the stock exhaust studs and cut a peice of 1/2" pipe for a spacer to hold the bracket out.
Attached Images

'68 C/10 LWB, 327, TH400, 12 bolt

Last edited by clif1968; 04-24-2006 at 07:29 PM.
clif1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
mburgert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif1968
I was able to modify my stock bracket to work with Hedman headers. I used one of the stock exhaust studs and cut a peice of 1/2" pipe for a spacer to hold the bracket out.
Isnt that the front bracket, im dealing with the rear and only the rear bracket i hope.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:42 AM   #6
clif1968

It's the one that the rear bracket bolts to. Mine has factory AC with the long compressor. That small aftermarket bracket in your first post is supposed to replace the bracket that I modified to hold up the rear of the compressor. I'll post some better pics of the back bracket this afternoon.

'68 C/10 LWB, 327, TH400, 12 bolt
clif1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
Ole Blue 68

I installed flowtechs on my 68 with AC and the bracket in your small picture looks exactly like the one I used. It was a pain to install but it worked. I ordered them both at the same time through Summit. If you need a part number for the bracket let me know and I'll try to find it.
Ole Blue 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
mburgert

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonton72
I have the same headers, but i havent bolted them up yet or have a/c, but i have a question for you though. How did they become all rusty like that. I dont want mined doing that is there anyway of preventing that?

Yea mine were on there when i bought the truck, hence i didnt know what kind of headers they were. I know they havent had over 10k miles on them though, plus the truck has been sitting in my garage all winter without being ran much so alot of that will burn off i hope. To remediate this problem you could always wrap them, which will also help with heat on starter and spark plugs. I think the headers are kind of cheap, but they work, and its easier to leave them than putting manifolds back on.