The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
muddyole 69

Question and WTB

I have a 86 one ton 2wd the upper control arms are shot. They are bent where. bushings used to be now the a arms are flopping (prev owner was a genius) . I need to know if these are a one ton item only or whether 3/4 ton arms will work. I also need to know if anyone has a set off they are willing to sell prefer with good bushings but not that big of deal have access to a press let me know what you have for sale and anyone please chime in on the fitment of the arms. thanks in advance Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
whiskeydented

Re: Question and WTB

I have an 84 or 85 1 ton 2wd parts truck that I'm going to be stripping real soon. How soon do you need these parts? If you can wait a couple weekends I may be able to help.

Mike
whiskeydented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
LILREDGMC

Muddy:

I have a complete crossmember and suspension, out of what I'm not sure but I believe it is a one ton two wheel drive either pickup or van. I can get a picture or two and let you see the upper arms.

I don't know the interchange of the 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton arms so I can't say for sure what will work.

I'll be heading to Cincinnati 4/16, and to Indiana 5/4

LILREDGMC
LILREDGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
muddyole 69

Sorry for the dealy in answering guys I am working 6 12's a week right now no time for anything. The van will not interchange I have a one ton van and they are 1.5 inches too short but 3/4 ton pickup is supposedly the same. I will not need in the real near future but I have a brother who is willing to put em on in exchange for use of the truck so as soon as you can let me know and thanks guys Mike