The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
FirstRide

Question Wiring

I need some help with wiring? Or more just advice of where to start. It seems that the wires under the dash have been all removed and somewhat put back together by the previous owner. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend where to start to get the wires sorted out or someplace that has a wiring diagram?
FirstRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
Sammys70

Re: Wiring

Use the Search above. A bunch of post come up when I type in wiring diagram
Sammys70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
gator2511

The big vendors usually sell wiring diagrams.
gator2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #4
swamp rat

There are complete color schematic's available on this forum, look in the electrical FAQ's

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

I feel what he's asking for is for where to find a new wire harness Cus anything that has to do with painless or some one that thinks they know how to wire a truck is plain wrong.

Best place that I've bought wire harness Is M&H wire harness. They have a plug and play system No cutting no soldering.New plug ends every thing is there to put your truck back together in less then 3 hours.

Now there are a few choices you might want to look at.

1 Are you going to run Points or HEI.

2 Are you going to run no side maker lights or are you going to leave them.
Reason why i ask is in 1971-72 the front wiring harness had it where when you turn the left or the right blinker on on the side marker would blink.

To me i kinda wish the rears did it as well are old trucks are so long and dark on the side having your side markers that blink is a nice touch

The reason why i ask this about the harness.Most people know that the last modal year run of a car or truck has all the best options.

Having a harness that has stuff that you may or may not use is better then not having it at all.

One thing i have found out from 1967--72 the heater controller seems to not last that long.

Now i have try using the AC dash controller with the side blower switch when the blower switch goes bad all i have to do it replace the blower switch .

Plus the AC controller has 2 light bulbs in stead of one lights up the dash a little better.

This is for none AC trucks to use the AC control panel the moving arms last a lot longer cus the blower switch is all by it self.

So if you want to use a 1971-72 under wire harness on a 1967-69 the only real problem you have is the windshield wiper switch is in a different stop how to fix that buy the dash outer cluster face for a 1971-72.

If you need a choke switch drill a hole where the choke cable would be.

www.truckandcarshop.com
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:13 AM   #6
'68OrangeSunshine

I wanna add my endorsement of M&H Wiring in Santa Fe Springs, Calif. They do good work ... The guy who assembles your harness puts his name on it, not many ''international'' wire loom artists can sign their work, even if allowed to. It's American-Made stuff.

Hey ST Salvage: I gotta '67 K/10 Suburban I call "White Fang". Needs new powertrain, all wiring, wheels, tires and a new diffferential, but once I get that Rat Motor 454 rebuilt it's gonna howl again. Yours looks nice and straight.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #7
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Wiring

I restored a '69 Camaro back in the late 80's, my harness had multiple connections cut/missing. I called M&H then, and they said to mail them the harness with the plugs I had, and they would repair and replace any missing connectors, it was way cheaper than buying a replacement harness, and, they checked all the circuits for opens/broken connections, top notch service!
Ben Smith
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #8
csfields

I used American Auto Wire kit specifically for our trucks and to be perfectly honest it was actually fun to say the least. Great instructions, color coded very well and plenty of wire so you can route specifically to your needs.

71 Chevy C-10 SWB 350/400 PS, PB
The Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=584045

The Brake Upgrade http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=695699
csfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:52 PM   #9
fast&low

fast&low is offline   Reply With Quote