The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2002, 11:17 PM   #1
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

story of my favorite pet!

on my 16th birthday, the same day i got my truck, my mom bought me a goat because i had wanted one for a long time. I named him Mr. HandleBars.

he was just a baby when i got him, and i loved him very much. about a year ago, his urethera got clogged somehow and we had to rush him to the vet in the back of my truck. he died as we pulled into the place

everyone asked me when i was gonna get another goat, but i would never want another one, it wouldnt be the same.

my licence plate used to say GOATBOY, but now is hanging on my wall because i no longer have a goat

my sister got a goat bout a month after i got mine, and then it broke its leg bad, so now it has 3 legs

so i just want you to remember, when you talk about goats on this board, remember me and Mr. HandleBars. he was a great pet.

i'll post pics if asked
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 11:43 PM   #2
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Sorry for your loss i know your pain.

I had a cat that was born in my bed @ 4am when i was 10 he was the first of four to be born and i got to keep him he looked just like sylvester so that's what i named him he was the koolest cat i've ever known.

He was killed by a rottwiler one afternoon while he was hanging out under my 87 stepper that was about 12 years ago and like you i never got another one

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 11:45 PM   #3
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

I wanna see ole Handlebars Eric!

You should get another goat. Ever since my cat died i've wanted another. His name was Barney, not after the Purple Dinosaur, but my uncle.

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 11:50 PM   #4
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Old 11-12-2002, 12:02 AM   #5
low 84

i had a dog when i was like 4 that was a york shire terrier. i named him rambo. he got hit by a car and died.

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 02:49 AM   #6
chevychic

Oh gosh..you guys are making me want to cry

My mom called me tonight to let me know that my cat who's 19 isn't doing so well. I've had this cat since he was just a little kitten. We've basically grown up together. He's been there through every move and every break up, and was there for me when my parents divorced and I had to move away from all my friends in Alaska to Oregon. A few years later when I drove up to Alaska from Oregon he rode on my lap the whole way...then back down again 3 months later. I've never met a cat like this. He's not your normal cat.
When my daughter started crawling a little more than a year ago, we decided it wasn't a good idea for him to be around at his age and having a baby want to chase him around so he's lived with my mom for the past year.
I've been preparing myself for this day for a few years now because I honestly didn't think a cat could live for this long. He's so happy and not in very much pain but we can see that he doesn't have much longer to live.
Tomorrow I'm calling a vet that specializes in cats to get an opinion on whether we should try to prolong it with meds or let nature take it's course. It's such a hard call and deep down I know what I need to do.

Eric, I can sympathize with you, another one of my favorite pets was a goat. Her name was Crystal and I basically raised her in our living room by the bottle. I showed her in 4-H and she won every award. Then we'd come home and go for walks or play (since I never had any brothers or sisters). She was great!
Had to sell her when we moved into town.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin

Last edited by chevychic; 11-12-2002 at 11:19 AM.
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
PHOENIX

Here is my favorite pet:

I hope he lasts forever. Hes the best dog I have ever had. You wouldnt believe how many pictures of this dog my gf takes.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #8
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Eddie...those pics make me roar everytime I see them.

Goatboy...man get another one...goats are cool. I find them rather amusing actually.
I have been telling my dad to get 10 of them for his 5 acres....I think they are cool!

By the way....that other goat kneeling by your goat.....damn is he ugly!! hahaahaha

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:50 PM   #9
LOHRTBT

BTW....here are my "woobies" hehe

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 11-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #10
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

My dog, Nigel:

Slonaker
Old 11-12-2002, 01:29 PM   #11
LOHRTBT

Quote:
Originally posted by Slonaker
My dog, Nigel:

Slonaker
bwaaahahahahahahah!!
That dog reminds me of a cartoon dog!! hahah Cute dog though.

- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods

Old 11-12-2002, 02:42 PM   #12
PHOENIX

Damn that dogs eyes are blue

I never really been around a goat too much so I dont know how they act. In grade school we went to a petting zoo, but I dont remember much. I say get another goat. Pets are great.

I have had a few pets and this dog I like the most. I say if something happens to one pet, replace it. It will never be the same, it will be different. You may like it even more. I know that I never really treated my pets all that great when I was younger (didnt pay them enough attention). So I makeup for that with this dog. He is one happy camper and eats alot of treats as you can see in the photo

I live alone right now so its nice to have the little dog around. When its just me and him he always finds a way to make me laugh or something. Its good company!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:59 PM   #13
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Nigel's eyes don't look like that in "person." For some reason they do in some photos, though.

Slonaker
Old 11-12-2002, 06:01 PM   #14
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by Slonaker
Nigel's eyes don't look like that in "person." For some reason they do in some photos, though.

Slonaker
you dog is the spawn of satan!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:06 PM   #15
PHOENIX

Is it just me or does Nigel look likes hes trying to smile?

<-------- Always gonna wear glasses now, I dont want my eyes to turn blue if someone decides to take my picture.

EDIT:
Hey Ocbaud we almost have 100 posts I hope I can get an avatard or atleast something under my name.
Old 11-12-2002, 06:08 PM   #16
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Is it just me or does Nigel look likes hes trying to smile?

<-------- Always gonna wear glasses now, I dont want my eyes to turn blue if someone decides to take my picture.

EDIT:
Hey Ocbaud we almost have 100 posts I hope I can get an avatard or atleast something under my name.
of course, it wont be long now
Old 11-12-2002, 09:45 PM   #17
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Nigel as the Spawn of Satan :

Slonaker
Old 11-12-2002, 10:58 PM   #18
messed up c-10
RHCP afficianado

Here is my dog George.

Here are some links to some good music.
Jack Johnson
Donavon Frankenreiter
messed up c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:13 PM   #19
PHOENIX

Another TOE in a picture. Whats going on here guys?

Whos gonna be the first one to put a Toe for their avatard?
Old 11-13-2002, 05:21 PM   #20
messed up c-10
RHCP afficianado

atleast my toes dont look like daves. I thought about editing that out to avoid the flak from it but oh well there it is.
Here are some links to some good music.
Jack Johnson
Donavon Frankenreiter
messed up c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:48 PM   #21
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

my fav pet

years ago when i had first gotten married we had a dog named Boo ( short for Boozer cause she would drink the beer left in a can after i finished them) Boo was a collie lab mixed breed and looked kinda like black version of lassie. She was a great dog and never showed her teeth or anything and never even growled when the kids were babies and picked on her when she had enough she knew to hid behind the sofa. Boo dies like four years ago when after 13 years of living in apartments we finally bought a house. we always promised her a yard and when we took possession of the house she llived only two weeks or so; she had stomach cancer and more or less fall apart when we got to the house, so we had to put her down.
To this day i still carry her picture in my wallet and her other pic is on the wall by the back door to the yard. Im proud to say that although she is gone ive opened my house to four more dogs, Stinky Bear a black chow, Teddy Bear a shepard golden retriever mix ( a complete mush) Lady roxanne ( my daughters dog and who named her) a brown pug, and Marvin who was thrown away and was arescued stray who was abused .
I also have a cat Noman ( formerly Snowman , cause hes all white) who got his name after he was altered.
I can honestly say the pets are better than the ex wife they are always happy to see me come home!
I dont have a scanner or id post pics

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote