The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
383drvr

Bucket Seat options? HELP

OK, I'm in the process of redoing the interior of my Sub. I'm stumped on the last step- the front bucketr seats. They are shot, and I mean pretty far gone. The foam in the armrests are gone, the seat foam is gone, and the cloth is basicly gone. I want new condition stuff, so I can either redo these or find new ones. This is where I lose my mind.

I would REALLY like to upgrade, but I dont know whats involved. Would -THESE- fit into my application? I read somewhere on here that some of the new generation seats were too high. How much modification would be needed to bolt these in?

Otherwise, I'm stuck with paying $450 to have mine redone.

What advise can you give me? Thanks.
383drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
muscletruck

hmm

not sure about the truck seats...i had some yukon buckets for my crew cab and they were WAY too high...the truck seat bases look different than the yukons (looks not as tall) if they arent power you can do some choppin and buy some tracks and rig something up.... but i swear i have seen seats like that in our trucks... damn that floor hump!!

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

....gas prices go down please
muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
Low87
been here longer than Liz

I've got Dodge truck/caravan seats in my truck. I'd like for them to be lower, but they are extremely comfy so I don't care. Had to toss the slider frame (would be way too high) and adapt them to some Cherokee slider frames I had with a simple 1/4 inch steel plate.
From talking to several 73-87 owners with different seats, the only ones I've seen that match height-wise are Chrysler LHS seats. I sat in the guy's truck, they did seem just about perfect.
For $450 you can buy some buckets and have them installed, rather than just have what you've got redone. I bought my Dodge seats brand new at the Dallas swap meet for $125, and swapped some labor for the custom made adapter plates. I had the Cherokee slider brackets from my previous buckets, which I got at a junkyard for $75.

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
383drvr

Sounds like a start. I dont have a welder, so swapping labor sounds like the trick :p

Got Pics?
383drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

The seats you listed aren't the same as what muscletruck tried to put in his crewcab. These seats are from a 95-99 GM truck. They can be made to fit in your truck with a bit of fabrication....

Here are a set in my 82 Blazer. I'm not sure if the floor in a Burb is the same as in my Blazer or not, but it can be done....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 04-30-2004 at 10:19 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
muscletruck

sweeet

i knew ive seen those seats in our trucks..before...thanks for clearing it up .....i love those seats!!!!!!!! arent the blazers floorpans different from the trucks??

78 Crew Cab Dually
454/TH400, Dual Flows, Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Lifters, Billet Grill, K&N Airfilter, Grant Steering Wheel, A/C, soon to be power windows and locks, lots of plans for this...

....gas prices go down please
muscletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #7
C-10volvo

Quote:
Originally posted by N2TRUX
The seats you listed aren't the same as what muscletruck tried to put in his crewcab. These seats are from a 95-99 GM truck. They can be made to fit in your truck with a bit of fabrication....

Here are a set in my 82 Blazer. I'm not sure if the floor in a Burb is the same as in my Blazer or not, but it can be done....
sine when did it get painted?? WE WANT PICS!!!!
For everything else: 1997 BMW M3
C-10volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #8
cochino12
It followed me home?

Re: sweeet

Quote:
Originally posted by muscletruck
i knew ive seen those seats in our trucks..before...thanks for clearing it up .....i love those seats!!!!!!!! arent the blazers floorpans different from the trucks??
yep Blazer floor pans are flat

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:23 PM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by C-10volvo
sine when did it get painted?? WE WANT PICS!!!!
Who me? Thats a really old pic when it had more paint than primer. Trust me it's no where near painted
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote