The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

My version of the what did you get done threads

well since my 78 is pretty much done except for some bugs being worked out of it and some fine tuning ill share what i did to it.here goes
the engine
a little story-it originally was just going to be overhauled but when we took it apart it had 5 pistons with holes in them so i decided to just do it right and rebuild it.now for the specs of the rebuild
a 1978 350-bored .020 over-told the machine shop to go .030 over but it cleaned up at .020 according to them.
edelblock performer intake
carter afb carb
comp cams 260H cam-212 duration at .050/.440 lift
new heads from track pro products in california with some mild porting done by my uncle-the originals were shot
arp rod bolts
connecting rods resized
crank ground .010 i believe
new roller timing chain
windage tray
lifter valley pan
lifters from powerhouse performance
chrome dress up stuff
rebuilt HEI
dynomax headers
flex fan
that pretty much sums up the motor

the tranny was good from before so it was freshened with a new filter inside the trans
we did add a auxilary cooler and filter since i live in arizona and heat kills automatics as most of you know already.i also added tilt steering from my 74,a set of rallye wheels and 31x10.50 tires from an 84 C10,put aftermarket gauges in place of the idiot lights,still need to fix the drivers side door window track,put in the straight glass back window,get a new bed for it,finish the exhaust system,put on a new power steering pump since the one that is on there appears to be shot.so it is mostly complete and roadworthy and lemme say it drives great,later on down the road im going to rebuild the front suspension and add a front sway bar-i rode in a friends 79 not to long ago which has a front sway bar and man do they ride so much better with one imo.thats about it for now and ill post pics of it when i get a chance to do so.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote