The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2004, 02:05 AM   #1
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Smile She's Home - but with a bad battery???

So I go to bring my truck back into the City after it’s been parked at the In-law’s since December. Aside from a flat tire (slow leak) and a completely dead battery, everything’s fine. A little boost from my father-in law’s Ford (ouch ), and its purring like a kitten – even after being parked outside all winter.

So here’s the problem:
I get home after about 45 minutes of highway driving and shut the truck off. Go back in 5 minutes to start it up again and nothing but “click-click-click….”. Battery is still dead as a post. Boost it again and it starts no problem.

Charging gauge reads about “15” or “16”, and all systems work fine. If I try charging the battery with a charger, the charger’s needle shows no draw. The charger works fine on my other batteries.

So I’m thinking it’s most likely a bad battery – right??? I’ll have the parts store do a check if they can, but that’s my thought.

Anyway, it’s good to have my best friend back on the driveway. Sorry for the long post, but I guess I’m just excited and it’s been a while.

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote