The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
Johnny Outdoors
SOON TO BE A STEP SIDE

dealings with LMC Truck parts

I have now purchased quite a bit of parts from LMC
i am happy with the quality and fit
but here's the thing
in every order there has been 1 wrong piece
there have been 2 orders
the first shipment sent me an a/c glove box instead of the standard one
i installed it anyway i didnt want to mess with shipping it back
i called them and they claimed i ordered that one (duh)
and this time i ordered all interior parts and seals
they sent me 2 of the same window mouldings that squeeze the window in the door and keep it from slammin back and forth
i had to move the clips to fit the oval holes in the door
i tried each piece in each door
the ones with the felt were ok but the outer rubber ones were screwed up
i want to run the truck so i took the time and fixed the clips
has anyone else had this problem or is it just my bad luck
i will still order from them
i just think it's wierd thats all
just my 2cents
Old 08-03-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

It's not just your bad luck ... lots of folks here have had the same experiences ... but you stated you will order from them again? Why?

Why not support the vendors that support this board. Their prices are competitve with LMC and they are HERE to answer questions and to offer FREE advice. That in itself is worth whatever, if any, difference I will pay by patronizing them as opposed to a company that sends me the wrong parts and then blames ME for the mistake.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I agree with Shane. The board vendors have the same parts or better quality than LMC, and at a better price and service.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:30 PM   #4
smitty62

Not only did you get some wrong parts, but you paid top $ for them! They have to pay for that fancy catalog, I guess.

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

I ordered an accelerator cable and a "peep" mirror from them. No problems with the peep mirror, and I don't know if the accelerator cable would be something I could blame on them. The cable didn't want to hold the proper "curve" and was sticking on me. A piece of heavy duty wire (like 400amp wire), bent the way I needed it and tied to the cable keeps it in the proper "angle".
The main problem that I had was that I needed the cable next day. And when I ordered it on a thursday they promised me that I would get it friday. Well, they shipped it a day late, but due to the weekend I didn't get it until monday . Other than a matching "peep" mirror for the passanger side, I will only use them as a last resort.
Todd
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
ljbear

Love the catalog, hate the service. I was looking for front end parts some time back. I asked what brand they were, being concerned that the price and quality was far lower than the local supplier. They said that they can't disclose that information, but someone in their customer service department would contact me. I waited several, no call. I called and was told that they were busy, they would call when they got to me. Too many good vendors here to send $ to LMC

72 Chevy SWB 4x4
71 Chevy SWB 4x4

My Work Truck

"Don't confuse enthusiasm with capability"
ljbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:40 AM   #7
'68OrangeSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbear
Love the catalog, hate the service. I was looking for front end parts some time back. I asked what brand they were, being concerned that the price and quality was far lower than the local supplier. They said that they can't disclose that information, but someone in their customer service department would contact me. I waited several, no call. I called and was told that they were busy, they would call when they got to me. Too many good vendors here to send $ to LMC
A couple of years ago i ordered some Lower A- Arms from them for my '68 C/10 stepside, When I got them, they were not made from matching metal. One was unpainted cast iron w/ small rust spots and the other was parkerized black. They were both packed in cheezy/greasy plastic that said "555" Brand -- made in China. In the '50s and '60s, Mao-Tse-Tung rounded up a lot of politically unreliable people, like journalists, professors, intellectuals and other pro-capitalist -scum and relocated them in farming communes out in the toolies. One of their happy new re-education tasks was to produce pig iron from recycled scrap. Every commune had a quota. Now I was seeing what happened to that pig iron. LMC was marketing it to dumb Americans. I sent them back and got credit on my next order, But I was lucky to get OEM ones from the local Chevy dealer. Now I always check locally before sending another order to Lenexa.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbear
I too love the catalog. I have the "haynes" book to my truck, and couldn't figure out how a few things went together based on their pictures. I looked at the LMC catalog and there it was, nice and detailed. With little numbers that named every part so that I could tell the parts guy at autozone exactly what I needed.
Todd
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:17 AM   #9
Dean

I have bed rail covers on my blue K20. Ordered ones for an 80's style Dodge truck from Tractor Supply. They worked good for me. Aluminum diamondplate.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #10
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I have bed rail covers on my blue K20. Ordered ones for an 80's style Dodge truck from Tractor Supply. They worked good for me. Aluminum diamondplate.
Could you narrow down the year Dodge you specified? Long bed right? Think I would like to try that. Thanks.
Rich
Old 08-04-2004, 01:22 AM   #11
jorgensensc

I have bought some parts from Victoria British (also known as LMC) for the MG we have. i have ordered twice and both ordrs have had problems with incorrect parts, and unknowledgable staff. If I could getthe parts from someone else i would, but Moss Motors doesn't have evrything i need.
I agree, love the catalog, hate the service.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:38 AM   #12
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgensensc
I have bought some parts from Victoria British (also known as LMC) for the MG we have. i have ordered twice and both ordrs have had problems with incorrect parts, and unknowledgable staff. If I could getthe parts from someone else i would, but Moss Motors doesn't have evrything i need.
I agree, love the catalog, hate the service.
Shawn
I once had a '69 MGB, I used to get parts from these people http://www.thebhive.com/ May want to check them.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:42 AM   #13
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

I've got a big order coming up. Will order from board vendors everything that I can. Lmc and ChevyDuty have such a big selection though, it is hard to stay away from them.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:18 AM   #14
1BadSS
NOT REALLY BANNED!

If someone has the dual exhaust kit for headers like LMC has, I'll order it from whoever. If they don't, it looks like i'm ordering from LMC. I've been ordering thru American Classic Truck parts lately, and they are probably the best company i've ever ordered car parts thru.
68 C20 LWB stripper truck
73 K5 Cheyenne
76 C20 Sierra Crew SRW
88 K20 Suburban

I'm not hammering on metal just to hammer, i'm creating a piece of art.
1BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:41 AM   #15
1972C10
Account Suspended

I just spent 424.86 on all the rubber that goes on a cab seals and stripping.

I orded cod with no prior history I liked that.
Parts arrived Within Reasonable Time.
Some parts were made in taiwan but im sure a great deal of aftermarket parts are.

And they stuffed my new window channel seals in a 4x4 box , I was kinda suprised that the dash emblem i orded was A geuinwine GM part.
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #16
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

LMC sucks, hands down no question. I ordered from them many times before my internet days, and they screwed up every single order.
The only thing I got from them that fits is my hat.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:50 AM   #17
Dean

I'll never order from them again. No customer service and orders always messed up. The hitch they sell doesn't even fit our trucks. I called the company that made it after fighting with the hitch for hours and they said it wasn't the right one. The lady at LMC could only say "Well that is what our catalog says fits". Sent that back and ordered the correct one direct. That was the last straw....good reference catalog and that is about it.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:01 AM   #18
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I've learned the ropes over the years of messing with these trucks.

-First, lots of parts are still available through GM. The factory parts will fit better and be better quality. Try you dealership parts guy first.

-Second, find a mom and pop type of 67-72 parts place and support them fiercely. This board is supported by a bunch of them. Find one you like and be loyal to them. If you're loyal to them, they will be loyal to you. Frankly, they all sell pretty much the same stuff. There's only so many places making aftermarket parts for our trucks. And, their prices are pretty much cut throat. Look at Ricks selling those 40 dollar dash pads a few weeks ago as an example. That's cheap man.

-Third, those freaking LMC catalogs that they send to everybody cost a pile of money to produce. Guess who is paying for them?

-Any aftermarket mechanical part you buy from LMC will be either a cheap no-name brand or overpriced. Think about it, LMC doesn't make their parts, they buy from the manufacturer and sell to you. Buy your ball joints, or shock absorbers, or fuel pumps or whatever from a good local parts store. You will be able to buy top quality premium brand stuff right down the street.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:34 AM   #19
mrein3

Thats funny. I've never had a mixed up order or any problem from LMC.
I use suppliers from this board whenever possible but sometimes I still get stuff from them.

From what I've seen their exhaust kit is the best price out there. And it fits like a glove.

And no I don't work for them.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:59 AM   #20
Orange '71 GMC

Sadly enough, they are the only company that offers bed rail covers for our truck.

I know better than to use them - but you can't get them anywhere else. I really wish I didn't even need the stinkin' things...but my truck site way too much, I am gonna have to start driving and using it - it IS a truck...(and I DON'T want my $7000 paint ruined by knicks and dings).
Old 08-04-2004, 09:24 AM   #21
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

I can't add much to what's already been said about LMC except that when I plunked down the coin for the grill for my '70 shorty, LMC wanted 400 plus bucks for it. Got it at the Chevy dealer for 275. Hmmmmm. Ordered MG stuff from them back when I was out of my mind and it all looked pretty cheezy. I'll sum it up with: What THEY said. Support the board sponsors, and check the dealer. H.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:34 PM   #22
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

[QUOTE=Hunter]plunked down the coin for the grill for my '70 shorty, LMC wanted 400 plus bucks for it. Got it at the Chevy dealer for 275. H./QUOTE]

Was that for the grill or the surround? Priced a 72 surround at my local dealer AFTER buying my crate moter and he still wanted $450.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:21 PM   #23
Primed67

I ordered all new window seals from them. Windshield seal was too dang big and did not seal up well. Did not have the time or the money to send it back and wait on another so I kept it. Stupid me!! Now it leaks. Oh well the truck is about to get tore apart so I guess I can take my time and make sure it is right this time.
2014 1/2 ton Crew Cab Chevrolet 4x4
Primed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #24
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I don't use a BB vendor exclusively for parts.I do use the auto parts store/GM for engine ect. but I do buy all my 67-72 truck partsfrom a BB vendorThe vendors on this BB are building these trucks with the parts they sell.It only stands to reason that they use the best fitting parts they can find,since it cost's more to make an ill fitting part fit than to spend the extra for a higher quality part to begin with.If you use the same vendor all the time and build a relationship then they generally give you the best quality they can get at a reasonable price.Buying a large order of stuff at once usually will get you a good deal also.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #25
Stanford
WILLY FOR PRESIDENT!!

Like the parts, and personally never had anything wrong. Im currently living in Kansas City so it takes about 15 minutes to get there and Im able to check everything over. But I do agree with the rest, the people they have working for them don't know **** about vehicles. Just my thoughts.

Aaron Stanford

'67 C/10 FOR SALE!! $600, runs, strait grill, good parts, or beater truck
'68 GMC K25, 4x4, current project
'71 Custom/10, Crate 350, My Baby!!
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Stanford is offline   Reply With Quote