The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Halloween edition of "What did you get done?"

It's time for our weekly series of "What did you get done"? I went to my daughters end of season party for her middle school volleyball team on Friday. The parents took on their daughters in volleyball. We didn't do too bad for a bunch of out of shape parents.

Saturday I took my daughter shopping for a B-day present for her Mom, and Saturday night we had a surprise party for my wife.

Sunday was spent at church, then took my daughter to a volleyball clinic. Now I'm waiting for trick-or-treaters to start showing up.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:29 PM   #2
Destructo

worked 8am-9:45pm on saturday, worked 8-3 on today, took a nap and then did nothing, I did tune my holley to idle better and noticed my spark plugs are white, I was surprised, I never had a holley equipped motor that actually ran right.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Our town was one of those strange ones and we had our T&T last night. Between fall and Halloween festivals, I worked on the shop some and went to a tool show. Picked up a barrel fan (poor man's AC in the south), some jackstands, and a few tools for my shop. Between yesterday and today I spent my time working on a set of truck utility boxes. I got them in a trade and I'm going to use them eventually for the sides of a trailor to put be hide my 70 or 82. A bit weird, but it gives me some practice with the welder again since I'm out of practice (course I never was in practice ). Just sitting around looking at a black and orange festive truck board tonight.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 10-31-2004 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I can't type or spell
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
74Pumpkin
Insert witty comment here

Its not too often I get to post in this message. Between work and kids not much time to get truck stuff done. But Today.. I did something!

Now all I have to do is order this new one ( CLICK HERE ) And then put it all back together. Not bad sofar for the first time pulling out an engine.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
rolson1039

well friday i worked all day so friday night i was shot. Saturday was my kids first day at jiffy lube so saturday my friend and i got together and ripped apart my monte carlo and started putting it together. Being it was mischief night and the kids use that as an excuse to vandalize everything they can i quickly threw my newer truck int he garage and parked stuff close to the house and stood guard til 1am sunday i took the truck out of the garage and rearranged stuff so i could make it more easy to get stuff in and out ( including my fat rump) and then i gave the yearly handouts to the local delinquents and watched the game. My son took my chevy to the job and changed all the fluids , air filter, and wiper blades that was my weekend
Old 10-31-2004, 09:58 PM   #6
Lynx

Changed my oil, cut the filter open didnt find anything out of the usual. Did a little plug Diagnosis and figure that I will get new ones next weekend. I also checked my moms van out and added some oil. Other then that the weekend was nice and relaxing!

1983 Silverado SWB 305
2002 Silverado Extended Cab 5.3
http://members.shaw.ca/bkennett
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:32 PM   #7
low 84

i've got alot done on the blazer this past week. i've had alot of the interior out almost since i bought it because i took the hanging down headliner out. finaly got the headliner redone last week and got it installed and most of the interior paneling put back in. also finaly got the majority of the system done in it. built the sealed box for my mtx 8000 sub, powered by a good sized mono kenwwod amp. then i have about $800 worth of boston acoustic mids and highs in the form of pro series 5.5 boston components and 2 way boston 6x9s, powered by a nice 4 channel kenwood amp. and a premier head unit controling all this. it really sounds incredible, you get what you pay for when you buy boston acoustic, their stuff puts infinity and others to shame. about 1500-2000 worth of stereo components and i have less than 1/3 of that invested in it b/c i bought it all off of friends and ebay.

been compiling parts for the truck this past week also. got my 6al box and coil from jegs. recirculating jaz coolant container. my custom built dave ray small body distributor setup for msd trigger should be here this week so i can get all of the ignition stuff in next weekend.

should be getting alot done on the truck and blazer this winter and next spring
Attached Images

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's

Last edited by low 84; 10-31-2004 at 10:34 PM.
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:40 PM   #8
1972C10
Account Suspended

I got alot of my stuff for my truck bolted back in Had my windsheild installed was going to install my backglass saturday but one of the pane's got broke in storage .. So now im lookin for a back slider . I dunno might break down and put a solid backglass in My seal will work either day .
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:53 PM   #9
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

I was able to install the SHO seats I got a couple weeks back, redo my wiring on the electric fans, added some lights for my Autometer Gauge conversionand misc. stuff. Then the heater core starts leaking. Time to change that before my trip this weekend.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #10
bluex

Not as much as Id like but....

The new/old 3.73 rear is back on the truck. All I have to do is bleed the brakes and hook up the d/s and its ready to go. Well I'll need to clean out all my tools and stuff first.

Anyone have a crane adj. vac advance kit? Summit and Jegs are both on back order with no expected ship date!!
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

well, spent Friday night with a couple of my boys, since one of them turned 24. slept in on Saturday, then got up and went to work on the '77 for a little while. appears that both of the batteries have gone south, and it wont even jump. i brought the batteries home and put them on the charger, thinking i may be able to bring them back. we'll see tomorrow when i take them and have them tested. took a little nap around 5:00, and ended up sleeping longer than i would have liked, so i missed a Halloween party. got up this morning and started fighting the bushings on my last remaining spring so i could install the Daystar bushings in it and install it. got the spring done, and installed when a couple of friends called and said that they were headed to www.phobiahouse.com , i decided to tag along. i just got home a few minutes ago. hopefully sometime this week i can get someone to come over and help me manuever the D60 in place.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #12
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

I didn't do this all this weekend, but I've been working on it lately.

First, I dissasembled the front of the engine (350 with vortec heads, used to have a Holley 600 carb).

Next, I mounted my two 14" electric fans.

Then my serpentine belt drive from a 93 Roadmaster.

And last for today was my ramjet intake.

I'll be putting my Megasquirt controller on this and plumbing it hopefully to fire sometime this week. I still have to drop one tank and put in my electric pump and efi tank. For now I'm just going to use one, once I get the injection sorted I'll be figuring out what it takes to do dual tanks with 45 psi of fuel pressure.
'85 Chev C10 Short Wide - Super plain Vortec 4.8 4L60E trans
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
ElGracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #13
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

Friday night I pulled the 87 in the garage and performed some serious cleaning on it. Wash, wax, pressure washed engine bay and complete interior detail. Most of the night was spent polishing the d@mn wheels. (next time I'll buy chrome!)

Saturday night was date night with momma so she wanted her truck to look good....so Saturday morning I got up and my son and I cleaned the Yukon for her.

Sunday morning I had to come into work at 2:00 a.m. and change the time on our host computers. I then came home to sleep and got up in time to watch the NASCAR race. Sunday night I went trick-or-treating.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGracho
I didn't do this all this weekend, but I've been working on it lately......And last for today was my ramjet intake.......
Dang Joe when did you get that? I didn't know you had scored a Ramjet intake......
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Dang Joe when did you get that? I didn't know you had scored a Ramjet intake......
Well, it's as easy as your local GM dealer... Actually a guy I've know my whole life is a parts manager in my old hometown GM dealer. I got him to match the Sallee Chevrolet price for the Ramjet intake kit. I've been collecting parts for this swap most of the summer. I also have a TPI setup and another serpentine setup for my Indy Hauler when the time comes.

I was thinking about getting my Air Gap Vortec intake modified, but the dang throttle bodies that fit a Holley flange are so expensive going this route turns out to be cheaper. Plus, it uses modern parts that can be serviced at any GM dealer.

I guess its an expensive piece (cost more than the last engine I bought...) but I've been waiting to do an EFI swap for about 8 years.

Joe
also: '81 K30, '83 C30 Crew Dually, '84 M1028 CUCV, '85 M1009 CUCV, another '85 C10 SWB, '89 R3500 Flatbed
Old 11-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #16
Paso76GMCstepper

Well I worked all weekend, one nice thing about my job (power plant operator) is I have alot of free time on the weekends.

I fixed a header leak, fixed my heater in the truck (thank god it was 36 this morning), worked on a bunch of misc stuff on the truck. Readjusted passenger side door. Steamed cleaned everything.

Saturday night I coached my team in a night football game. We had an awesome game. We were 2 and 5 going in, we won 26-18. It was awesome it was like we won the super bowl.
Attached Images

Paso76GMCstepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #17
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I dig the ramjet too. Where did you score that? Was it hard to hook up?

For once, I actually got a bit done too, but not on the Blazer. I have been buying a few cars here and there with a buddy of mine, mostly F and G bodies. I parted out an 85 Trans Am that we picked up a couple weeks ago during the course of the last week. Nothing special, I bought it mainly for the Transmission, to go in our 89 IROC that is at Scott's place. The car was supposed to be a 305 TPI car. In parting it out, someone has transplanted a 87-88 350 TPI engine and a 9 bolt (Borg Warner) 3.27 posi diff in it. Which is really good, for parting it out. I figured I would keep the TPI and put it on my Blazer. Get a TBI tank, fab up some fuel lines, get an aftermarket harness, and be done. Still sounds pretty good.

After pulling the carcass of the 85 out of the garage, our other car comes in. It is an 87 GTA, with 87K on it. The car was supposed to be pretty nice, but we were after the 9" Ford rear and Recaro seats for Scotts 87, which now has an LT1 and T56 in it. Anyhow, this car shows up, and it is absolutely flawless. It had a 355 with a Vortech supercharger and DFI, which is gone. The rest of it looks showroom fresh. It even has all the records from new. The only thing that makes it stand out is the cage, which looks factory.

There lies my problem. I have the parts to put this car together, for the most part. It really is a keeper. But I only have space for one car, so it looks like the Blazer will be the orphan. It really needs a good home.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #18
ElGracho
Gentleman Jim Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy
I dig the ramjet too. Where did you score that? Was it hard to hook up?
Well, I'm still working on that. You have to plumb the fuel and return lines using high pressure stuff, I'm using braided stainless in the engine compartment and aluminum tube along the frame rail. I'm building the wiring harness from scratch. It helps to know the Delco dealer in Portland to get stuff at cost, but man those connectors are still super expensive.

Like I said before, I'm using a Megasquirt controller, so after building that myself, the hookup won't be too bad.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #19
Prerunner1982

friday i work until about 1am..

Saturday i sat around not feeling well and hoping to go trick or treating with my daughter before i went to work at 7pm.. no go.. wasnt dark enough.. i got to work and had a BUSY night.. with the OU/OSU game that morning and Halloween that night.. we ran an all new store record $5500... my store is just carryout and delivery.. no dine in. (thank goodness). we are on track to set a new record for the week as well..

Sunday: i worked 6am-1pm. Then went to the hospital to see my wifes cousins new baby. came home and cleaned house...

did absolutely NOTHING on the truck.. it wont get any attention next weekend either..
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:10 AM   #20
hotrodhomi

Changed the oil in the Differential, and found out I have 3.08 gears. Fixed the defrost.. Thanks guys, it was a vacuum leak.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #21
loweredd
www.loweredd.com

I did the same thing 74Pumpkin did......I pulled an engine and the I put a new one in. I just had the machine shop put together my 305 for the Impala that took out cam and lifters, and the new engine did the same thing in different holes.........???

So....................................I took the LT1 out of the truck, and just about have it in the Impala.

loweredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:33 AM   #22
75-K5
Bucket of Bolts

Well I finally got the workbench cleaned off and gathered a few old leftover K5 parts together and cleaned them up to put on here and eBay. Also managed to blow up the th350 in my c10. yay!