The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
jimmyjeep

51 gmc window question

I am rebuilding the doors on "Frankenbolt". I need to replace the side windows as they were in pieces down inside the door when I got her. I have found everything else I need to do the rebuild except for the bottom channel that runs along the bottom of the side window glass. I have searched Chevy Duty, Brothers, Ricos, you name it. Does anyone have info on where I can get these things and exactly what they are called? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sharig...=/3fcd&.src=ph
jimmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:14 PM   #2
Heatwave

Sorry I can't help with your questions. I'll ask around here to see if any of my contacts know where to get them or what they're called. I was lucky enough to get mine with the truck.

The picture gallery your keeping is excellent, I wish I did the same. You shortened the box quite a bit, was that truck a 3/4 ton with the extra long box? Looks great, any updates for the gallery yet? Are you going to lower the truck? What are you putting in for power? Wish I was doing it again!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
jimmyjeep

Thanks Heatwave. The gmc was 116". We had to shorten it to 109" to match the Jeep. No, really we were aghast to find out later we had a very rare 1/2 ton longbed ( we hear) to start with. OOPS! Anyway we had to raise the subframe 11 inches to get the cab and bed to a level playing field. That would be all of the superstructure you see in the pics. So they wont be any lowering. the wheel wells cover 1/2 the tires so it really fits well there. We have a 76 amc 401 that came in the Jeep. This thing should be a riot. I will try to update the album as soon as possible. Thanks for the kind words.
jimmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
Lolarace

I got my glass channels off of e-bay. Glass franes and lower channel cost about $30. Every couple of weeks some will show up. Be patient.
Good luck
Larry
Lolarace is offline   Reply With Quote