The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
Vince Putt
Hippy

pageing TX Firefighter and others in the DFW Area

I use to live in Lake Dallas, I'm in need of a new trailer. I know that there are a lot of flatbed car hauler trailer manufactures scattered around DFW.

I'm thinking of driving down from PA in April for the Pate Swap meet buy a new trailer and who knows bring home something from TX.

Can someone do a little research for me here's what I'm looking for:

18ft wide with a 2 foot dovetail. Wide enough to God forbid I have to put my truck on. Dual axle with brakes, Chevy 5x5 bolt pattern.

I currently got a Trailer 18ft without a dovetail from a builder named PERO in Mckinney.

PM me if you can give me some info or some phone #'s, web site or any info.
Vince Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
ratrod67

I have a few friends who have Big Tex trailers. They are happy with them.

http://www.big-tex.com/
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
1972C10
Account Suspended

Kearneys trailers sells them at a pretty fair price There based out of emory but they have shops all over I belive there is one in mesquite I could be wrong thou.
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I bought an 18 foot 2 axle trailer earlier this summer. Brakes, 5 on 5, all of that, like you wanted except the dovetail part.

1600 out the door. Steel prices have increased 250 percent in the last 12 months, Trailer prices have gone through the roof because of it. You can't buy a good car hauler with brakes for 1200 bucks anymore. My rails unbolt with 4 nuts per side if needed to remove them and have a full flatbed trailer.

Mine is a PJ trailer. They have a website if you care to Google it, and are built east of Dallas if I remember right. I also have a Big-Tex trailer too. It's a little better trailer. Big-Tex cost about 20 percent more than another comparable trailer brand. Big-Tex is also built east Texas area. Most trailers are built in Mt Pleasant Texas or surrounding towns.

There's a picture of the trailer in my signature in over in Italy.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 11-28-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
SCOTI

I got mine this year (well, the replacement for my 1st one that was stolen) from a guy in Rowlett. 18ft, steel treadplate floor, 3 or 4ft dovetail, flush tail & park lights, tandem 3500lb axles w/single axle brakes, & bulldog coupler for $1550. My 1st one came from Kearneys & it was @ least 1yr ols when I got it for $1700 including TTL.

Like Tx said, steel pricing has gone up so I'm not sure what current pricing is on a similar trailer. He is just down the road so I could inquire if interested?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:45 AM   #6
Vince Putt
Hippy

Thanks for the web sites and info guys. You got me started on my research. I'll make some calls tomorrow. Scotti if you can get me some contact or pricing info please do.

How much better, worse, bigger smaller has Pate Swap meet gotten since the move to the TMS. I left Tx in 2000?

Does rust sell for big $$ in TX. Carlisle swap meet is the week before pate I can bring some rust down to sell
Vince Putt is offline   Reply With Quote