The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Kelowna Members - Free Truck*

Well guys, this is a hard one for me to post.

I'm giving my truck away to any member that wants it, but posted for Kelowna members as it's more reasonable. There is a catch though. The back is full of garbage that needs to be taken to the dump. This is one of the reasons I'm giving the truck away as I'm pissed off that everyone thinks the truck is a communal garbage can, and it NEEDS TO STOP!! (the truck is on my property) Hell, I have parts of my old deck in the back, and ever since, the pile miraculously gets bigger every damn night! Someone even left a wheel barrow full - with the damn wheel barrow!!!! (WTF??) I didn't want to put it in the paper as free, and have all the mutts in the town coming by my house. (with their bags of garbage - lol!)

Some people may think I'm nuts, and you're probably correct. I know I'll miss the truck, but it needs to go. I am posting it here in hopes that a fellow Kelowna member will take her away and treat her properly. I just don't have the money or the time anymore to do anything with her, not to mention the original reason I uninsured it, and parked it was the gas prices. Hell, I haven't done anything to it in months, so now the spiders are making a nice home in it.

She does run, and you can drive her right out of my yard if you like! If memory serves me, she has just under a half tank of gas, plus both CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) tanks are full. The truck will eventually need a new clutch as it's starting to slip in certain situations. She has a 350ci V8, three-on-the-tree shifter, and nothing really to go on and on about. The last time I filled the truck up with natural gas - it was CHEAP! I think it came to something like 80ยข/kg - total bill to fill both less than $16.00. The mileage is comparible to a full tank of gasoline. Again there's a catch with this though. The only gas station left that carries CNG is the Mac's store out on Boucherie Rd. (all the way out on the Westside!) The Chevron on HWY 97 and Spall used to have a pump for CNG - got rid of it. So much for using cleaner fuels I guess.

Well, I can't think of much more to type but know I will think of something AFTER I post this - LOL.

Edit - wouldn't you know it - 1000 posts too!

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-09-2005 at 10:11 AM.
JoetheMobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Americanrider

In my short time here I have seen many generous acts of friendship. This however is by far the greatest yet. Would you consider letting your truck immigrate to the states? I have a good use for it and all of my vehicles are cared for (I'm more biased for the GM products than my new Jeep).
Americanrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Well that would be up to you. I posted for the Kelowna members as I figured it would be easier since it's in the same town. I would give it to anyone who would like it. If I don't get a responce here, then I will have to put it in the newspaper. The truck is far from being a show truck, but still...I really don't like the thought of putting it in the newspaper so some idiot can come and get it, drive the S*it out of it and dump it on the side of the road, or worse....send it to the crusher!

With all the projects I have going on with my house, the money is being diverted from projects like the truck. One of the next steps on my house is to redo the ground that the truck is parked on, so that's another reason it has to go - and I have no space left around the property.

I'm not sure what the ramifications are with bringing a truck from Canada to the US, etc, etc....but this is open to ANYONE ON THE BOARD!

Here's a few older pictures of the truck - on a crappy tripod site. If you want to take a look (sorry for the crappy advertisements on site - it's a free one, hehehe!) :

http://nerdzrule.tripod.com/id4.html

A few things have changed, such as the original steering wheel you can see hanging on the wall in the last photo, is now back on the truck. The crappy tach and radio are long gone. I could take a few new ones but they'd be pretty much the same views.

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-09-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
ChrisK10
1971 C20 Custom Camper

Wow, a free truck... and it runs and drives! If I were closer I would take it but I'm probably over a 1000 miles away. I'm sure someone close will come and take it off of your hands. Good luck!

'97 GMC K1500 5.7L
ChrisK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
dubie

DANG Joe. Sorry to hear of you letting her go, but I guess there comes a time in every trucks life eh. I really wish I was closer so I could come on over and pick it up. I could give it a great home full of new body panels and custom paint I'm sure a member from Kelowna and area will see this and give it a good home.

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
VinceY
Just need a couple more parts.

I live in Calgary and could send a trailor to get it.
I am looking for a winter project.
If it is free and you can hold on to it for the next 2 or 3 weeks I would be interested. I have the next couple of weekends booked. I too would rather see these trucks on the road with someone who appreciates them. If some one closer wants it, don't let me stand in the way but if you still have it in 2 weeks please let me know.

Picture of my other two rides to show you it would go to a good home.
Attached Images

1958 Shasta Airflyte Travel trailer (fresh restoration)
1971 C/10 Pickup(Frame off Restoration)
1972 K5 Blazer CST (Daily Driver & My Company Truck)
1976 Honda CB750 Bobber
1988 Jaguar XJ12

Last edited by VinceY; 08-09-2005 at 03:30 PM.
VinceY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceY
....but if you still have it in 2 weeks please let me know....
I can do that, for sure!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
MandarinSixSeven
Seasonal Poster

If I had somewhere to put it, I would come take it for sure! Sadly, I don't even have a parking spot for my truck at the apartment I live in and my dad just bought a '67 so his driveway and front yard are full of his trucks and mine.

That's too bad you have to part with it, I know someone here will give it a good home. I wonder if Derek has read this yet, I bet he would consider grabbing it, but I don't know for sure...you will at least keep coming to the board I hope?
Kelowna BC, Canada
Member of DTPW
MandarinSixSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarinSixSeven
....you will at least keep coming to the board I hope?
For sure! I can still live vicariously through all of you! I can watch all of your projects progress. I've gotten a lot of help, hints, and enjoyment out of this site, so I will still be here.

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-09-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #10
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Just an update - 69 Short Fleet has decided to take the truck and give it a new home.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #11
69 Short Fleet

Joe I'd love to have a look at it put me in line for it Definitely!!! Wow thats a very cool offer, I'm looking for a driver (to fix up) and could really use it. Any pics or could you pm me your address, thanks Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
69 Short Fleet

Oh yea I just noticed the link for the pics... YES I"m DEFINITLY interested in takeing it off your hands Joe if the other member "VinceY" changes his mind. Thanks Doug (WOW WHAT A GREAT THING TO DO FOR THE BOARD)
Old 08-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #13
VinceY
Just need a couple more parts.

Let the man in kelowna have her

Let the man in kelowna have her.
"69 Short Fleet" please make the best of this great deal. Post some pics of your progress.
Even though it is a bit of a haul back to Calgary, I will still be interested if it doesn't work out for anyone closer.

And again Mr. Mobster thanks for your generousity.
1958 Shasta Airflyte Travel trailer (fresh restoration)
1971 C/10 Pickup(Frame off Restoration)
1972 K5 Blazer CST (Daily Driver & My Company Truck)
1976 Honda CB750 Bobber
1988 Jaguar XJ12
VinceY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #14
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Short Fleet
Oh yea I just noticed the link for the pics... YES I"m DEFINITLY interested in takeing it off your hands Joe if the other member "VinceY" changes his mind. Thanks Doug (WOW WHAT A GREAT THING TO DO FOR THE BOARD)
PM with address sent.

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-09-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 AM   #15
Russell
Professional Grade

Wow, had you been closer to home, that truck would be in my driveway :P

My parents own a lot in Kelowna, and just got home from inspecting it. Had I known, I'd have sent them with the flatbed...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:57 AM   #16
69 Short Fleet

I really really appreciate this Joe. I"m so stoked right now (and will be for a very long time) What a day this has been, first thing this morning I wound up in the hostpital emergency and this evening I've got an awesome 71 GMC driver... whew what an end to GREAT day. Thanks again Joe I'll see you in the morning, regards Doug
Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #17
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Truck is now gone from my yard and is officially Doug's now (69 Short Fleet) I haven't driven it since putting the original steering wheel on, and it sounded like it was making contact when you turned onto the street! I will try and post an exiting video that I took to remember the truck by, and it was a good one. That's me laughing in the background.

Quicktime Video, right click link below and "save as" (3.13Mb)

http://nerdzrule.tripod.com/sitebuil...s/100_1233.MOV
Old 08-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #18
MandarinSixSeven
Seasonal Poster

Wow, Doug that's awesome!

Sorry to hear you had to give it up Joe, but I know that Doug is a great guy and takes his truck very seriously (have you seen his 69? Amazing!), it's in good hands.
Kelowna BC, Canada
Member of DTPW
MandarinSixSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:06 PM   #19
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarinSixSeven
Wow, Doug that's awesome!

Sorry to hear you had to give it up Joe, but I know that Doug is a great guy and takes his truck very seriously (have you seen his 69? Amazing!), it's in good hands.
Yeah it's kind of crappy to have to give it up, but I came to the point where I knew I was fooling myself by thinking I was going to fix it up. Maybe I would have at some point, but by then the thing would have been a complete block of rust half sunken into the ground. I think that in the back of my mind though I would have not really enjoyed the truck if I COULD have restored it. As Doug said to me, he cringed every time he had to haul something in the '69! I would absolutely freak if I had to haul something in a completely restored truck. Along with all the other things that have already been mentioned in my previous posts, I still believe I made the right decision. I do believe that the truck is in good hands, and look forward to seeing what happens with the 'ol girl!

I was kind of half teasing my wife (when I came in the house from watching the truck drive down the road) and said to her "I miss the truck" She said that maybe after my Aries finally packs it in, I could get another truck, BUT a smaller guy like an S-10. That would be great! I like the idea of having a truck, but with the above mentioned problems, plus my wife not knowing how to drive a standard (and definately NOT wanting to learn in the '71 - LOL!) a standard is out of the question.

Hey, thanks again for the offer of hauling fill for my yard Doug.

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-11-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #20
67cst
i love summertime

nice work doug! ive seen it once in person when me and joe swapped some dub city stuff, its a cool truck forsure, will be perfect for those home depot trips!

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 AM   #21
69 Short Fleet

Talking

Thanks Joe, this was an AWESOME thing you did for me & the board (I still have a perma grin from this morning when I picked it up). I pulled over at Mcdonalds (not far from your house) as the horn was going on everytime I turned the steering wheel (LMAO) so I just pulled the wire off the horn, But It ran PERFECT!!! all the way to dump and then back home, I mean EVERYTHING on the truck was functional all the lights, brakes, steering, ect. Everything!!! The offer still stands also Cris anytime you need to move some stuff or get some dirt to backfill that lowspot on your lawn lor whatever let me know and I'll be there to help you if you need it. After I got home The first thing I did was gave her a bath, got the shop vac out and started detailing the interior. Oh ya I love the exhaust on it to... has a decent sort of "hot rod" rumble to it (lol). Thanks for the Kind words MandarinSixSeven & 67cst, you guys got to come over and check it out. Anyhow gotta go thanks very much once again Chris, Best regards. Doug