The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Bought a Cab Today

I have been getting parts out of this salvage yard for a little while now, and the guy always gives me good deals.

I was looking at a cab and thought it was way better than mine (mine has cowl damage, rockers, kick panels, hump, and support damage.

He sold it to me for $130. I stripped everything except the brake pedal assembly off of it today. Most of it I won'rt need, but I thought some board members might. I'll post as I figure out what I don't need or want.

Anyway, for $130 I got the cab and he's deliverying it to the body shop for me. I just had to get it free so he could lift it off. I had to take the two fenders and inner fenders off. I took out the front and rear glass (front was cracked) and unbolted it from the frame. He's deliverying it for me next week.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 PM   #2
55chevy
Car Truck Bike Nut

Cool deal Dan!! Sounds way better than my rusted inner roof cab that needs rockers, but I'm not sure I want to dis-assemble all the parts and pieces. I did get 2 tri plus rockers and a cab support for $45 shipped!
55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
matthufham

is it just me or is the cowl damaged where the pass. wiper is supposed to go? good deal none the less.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:08 AM   #4
tomatocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthufham
is it just me or is the cowl damaged where the pass. wiper is supposed to go? good deal none the less.
Looks good to me. The rust on the high point is from the nut clips for the cowl.